Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Choose the players you want...

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
It is pretty obvious we are short of players, however some positions are almost nailed on, choose who you would buy if you were Sami to complete the team, assuming the rest are...

GK - Stockdale
RB - Bruno
CB - Greer
CB - Hughes
LB -

CM - Ince
CM - Stephens
CM - Crofts

LIF - LuaLua
RIF -

ST -

Subs
1 Walton
2 Dunk
3 Calderon
4 Toko
5 CMS
6 O'Grady

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
In Sami's preferred formation with overlapping fullbacks as wingers there is no way Bruno is quick/fit enough. Calde is but probably only for 60/70mins. Therefore I think RB we might be ok for if we use what we have sensibly.

Therefore my priority would've been to either convert Buckley into a wingback or go and buy someone that can already do that.

Were money less of a consideration then I might have been tempted to prise Tripier away from Burnley or perhaps look at taking a fringe PL youngster with actual game time away on loan.

The two occasions we overlapped on Saturday we created, we just need to do it consistently.

Last edited:

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
LB Daniel Dziwniel (Ruch Chorzów)...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/daniel-dziwniel/profil/spieler/103848

... only 21 years old, but already plays like a very experienced LB, future Polish NT LB, no doubt.

RM Michał Kucharczyk (Legia Warsaw)...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michal-kucharczyk/profil/spieler/116905

... Polish Champions' main right winger, fast, strong physically, would do great in Championship.

I could reccomend them with clear conscience, taking into consideration their skills and market value.

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
- A right back - Calderon struggled against league 2 opposition, and Bruno isn't quick/fit enough to play the wing-back formation Sami wants.
- A left back - Chicksen clearly isn't up to it if we'd rather play Calderon there.
- A pacey center half - Hughes and Greer are another year older and neither have an ounce of pace.

- 2 Wingers - We've lost Rodriguez, Spanish Dave, Orlandi, and Buckley, and replaced none of them. Relying on Lua Lua (constantly unfit) and March (having played 20 first team games) is not the sign of a top 6 Championship side.
- 2 Strikers - We've sold Barnes and Ulloa, and also released Hoskins. So far we have replaced one of those 3.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I don't know what all the fuss is about,

We're going to hit FFP targets AND have the best five-a-side team in Sussex!!

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
Joel Veltman & Stephen Ward in at the back, we're not strong enough

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'm just going to say it and I expect about a million thumbs down but oh well; I think Chicksen would suit the wing back style of play more than Ward. There is no doubt that Ward is a better defender but going forward Chicksen is keen to bomb on and provides pace something Ward doesn't really do. We need someone who can both defend AND attack and I remember on several ocassion last season Ward's reluctance to get beyond half way with the ball. Could Wallace or this young lad from Liverpool be a better fit for Sami's preferred style of play?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Vossen and Elliot Bennett would be a good start.

Then a competent left back, another winger, another central midfielder, perhaps another striker, and boot out Agustien.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
GK - Stockdale (Walton backup)
RB - If the system is as it is I would buy another one as both Bruno and Calderon will be found out this year.
CB Dunk
CB Greer/Hughes
LB - New one - Ward Wallace or Robinson would all be able to do the required job
DM Toko
CM Buy a deep lying play maker if possible
AM Stephens
LIF March
CF - Buy one
RIF Buy one

Bench
Walton
Greer/Hughes
Bruno/Calderon
Ince
JFC/Crofts