CB Upson (Went to Leics)
LB Bridge (Loan expired)
CDM Bridcutt (3m to Sunderland)
CM Orlandi ( Released)
CM Vicente (Released)
LW Barnes (750k to Burnley)
RW Buckley (2.5m to Sunderland/WBA)
ST Ulloa (8m to Leics)

Barnsley to come in with 100k bid again?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
These are all still here

CMS, LuaLua, Calderon, Ankergren, Bruno

plus JFC, Dunk have come through via Poyet.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
From the team that Poyet built...

GK Kuszcack (Released)
RB Spanish Dave (Released)
CB Greer
CB Upson (Went to Leics)
LB Bridge (Loan expired)
CDM Bridcutt (3m to Sunderland)
CM Orlandi ( Released)
CM Vicente (Released)
LW Barnes (750k to Burnley)
RW Buckley (2.5m to Sunderland/WBA)
ST Ulloa (8m to Leics)

Barnsley to come in with 100k bid again?

This does rather fly in the face of TB saying that we will only get players that are better than what we have got. This team against the current squad and it would be a cricket score. I am of course assuming that the players above played at their best eg SD and Buckley

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Yes yes yes I know there are others he bought like CMS etc. my point was that his best TEAM would have been that 11 and only Greer remains

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lua Lua, Dunk, Calde, Brez, Hoskins, Crofts, CMS on the bench

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Since when was Spanish Dave a right back!? ???

He only started to find form when he was slotted in at right back.

My point was that only 2 seasons ago that team would have been our best or close to it that we had out of Poyets squad, and now only 1 of those remains for various reasons.

It is not a criticism as we may bring in players of similar or higher quality who surpass what that team achieved - I just thought it was interesting to see the team (clearly not!)

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
We can all deliberately miss the point if we like, which, uncomfortable as it is, is that our first xi 18 months ago, in anyone's book is way better than what we put out Saturday and tonight. For the record, I am not a licker or a bedwetter, just a supporter.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A review of the payroll in the summer revealed that Andrew Whing was still drawing a small wage at the club. This will end at the end of the calendar year.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This does rather fly in the face of TB saying that we will only get players that are better than what we have got. This team against the current squad and it would be a cricket score. I am of course assuming that the players above played at their best eg SD and Buckley

But he also said he wouldn't stand in the way of players that had an opportunity to move onto bigger and better things, or suchlike.

I can't really see the point in all these threads looking at "where our ex-players are now". They move on, especially when new managers, with new ideas, come in. These players get replaced with others who can, like Ulloa – or even Ward to an extent – in recent times, become an overnight success. It happens at every club - always has, always will. There will be more signings by the end of the window, of that I'm sure, and who's to say that more legends will earn this status?

I'll be behind the team, regardless of the personnel on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here