Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Could one of our coaching staff take JFC aside after training one day and work on his set plays? Most appear to be aimed at the head of the first defender. I may not know much about football, but I don't think that's what's supposed to happen.

Also, I presume from that slightly frightened expression on his face outside the club shop (sorry, Nike store) that the pic was taken when he had the ball at his feet and all the options for passing square or back had been closed off. He obviously can pass forward, as we saw in the Toulon tournament, but he seems reluctant to do it for us.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Could one of our coaching staff take JFC aside after training one day and work on his set plays? Most appear to be aimed at the head of the first defender. I may not know much about football, but I don't think that's what's supposed to happen.

Also, I presume from that slightly frightened expression on his face outside the club shop (sorry, Nike store) that the pic was taken when he had the ball at his feet and all the options for passing square or back had been closed off.

He does seem to have gone backwards this season. No urgency in his play and slows things down, reminds me a bit of Gary Dicker. Not helped by having Kemy alongside him though. He really is the poorest player I have seen in a Brighton shirt and that is saying something.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's played a lot now and I fail to see any quality dribbling, dead balls, pace, forward passes, shooting, all he does all the time is the simple short ball!

And gets that wrong

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought he was poor tonight. Did not take one decent free kick or corner. This is disappointing as I really thought he would push on this season

The lad probably needs a couple of games out of the first team.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
His set plays are attrocious.

And for all their ability on the ball, I don't think Spanish Dave or Orlandi (still missing him) created enough from set pieces.

The best corner taker we have had in my 25 years watching Albion was Darren Currie, unfortunately we didn't have him for very long.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Had a poor game tonight, he is capable of much better.

Is he? I can't remember the last time he had a good game. Who knows whether he has the potential to make it at this level one day but at the moment in my opinion he isn't anywhere near it. The first leg against derby last year was one of the most inept displays from anyone I can remember.
I really really hope he proves me wrong, but I just can't see it.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
He is simply not good enough.

I have no idea the last time i remember him having a good game, seems to be very overated by some. Some how he has also managed to get himself plastered on the wall outside the club shop, without playing a good game all last season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I rate him highly, we must continue with him and Ince. I would however play him further forward as he is a goal threat.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The lad probably needs a couple of games out of the first team.

The problem being, who do we replace him with? Until we sign another player, and get Stephens fit then he'll be in the side. After that...well, who knows.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Looked class when he first came on the scene, just needs a goal to give him confidence again. Set plays tonight were poor.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem being, who do we replace him with? Until we sign another player, and get Stephens fit then he'll be in the side. After that...well, who knows.

I know that there is doom and gloom at the moment but I'm pretty confident we will sign some players. I would suggest TOKO but I haven't seen him play yet. I'm guessing he is still not match fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here