Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get a grip ladies & Gents!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Anyone would think we had no ground to play on, the tea lady is centre forward on Saturday, attendances are down to 2k, we are already relegated to Div 2, Bloom is bankrupt, out of all cups and 10 point deduction for going under...........

.................reality is, we play in a super ground, CMS, Fenelon or O'grady up front Saturday, Attendances will hover around 25k this season, we are not relegation fodder (yet?) Bloom is not bankrupt (yet?) we are still in all cup competitions, we are keeping are head above water. :clap: We may have new players soon.:O

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Anyone would think we had no ground to play on, the tea lady is centre forward on Saturday, attendances are down to 2k, we are already relegated to Div 2, Bloom is bankrupt, out of all cups and 10 point deduction for going under...........

.................reality is, we play in a super ground, CMS, Fenelon or O'grady up front Saturday, Attendances will hover around 25k this season, we are not relegation fodder (yet?) Bloom is not bankrupt (yet?) we are still in all cup competitions, we are keeping are head above water. :clap: We may have new players soon.:O
You need quality and depth in the squad to compete in this league we are thin on both, I suggest you get a grip on reality.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
With all due respect, the board have fully dismantled the spine of our team in 12 months. Not many other clubs would sit back and let their board sell, sell, sell without reinvestment.

It's unfair on Sami who if we lose the next couple of games will have fans turning against him through no fault of his own.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I can assure you, the club have taken all of the wind out of my sails.

Same here mate. Totally deflated and losing interest fast. We are not spending money and the club isn't being honest with us about it. To top it off i'm still not convinced one bit by Hyypia. We beat a poor league 2 side tonight.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
For the fans and managers sake let's hope by the end of the window the wait was worth it or can see Sami walking. Would love to be proved wrong but still more paper talk of players going rather than coming

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I wouldn't count on the attendances staying that high.

For clubs that don't bring many unless we do some serious investment I expect that they could drop to below 22k

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Papering over the cracks

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Something's not right behind the scenes, a firesale of virtually the entire team from last season, players that we're not good enough to even get on the bench last season, now first choice, very underwhelming signings that smacks of buying on the cheap and a manager that every time I hear him speaks, sounds as though he's made the biggest mistake of his life.
I really hope the club know what they are doing, because if they think we'll get 23,000 fans in league one, and paying top dollar for food and merchandise, I think they'll be in for a massive shock !

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
With all due respect, the board have fully dismantled the spine of our team in 12 months. Not many other clubs would sit back and let their board sell, sell, sell without reinvestment.

It's unfair on Sami who if we lose the next couple of games will have fans turning against him through no fault of his own.

We have Brum next, will be a good benchmark to see if we have really fallen so low as people think. They are really in deep do do and are playing poorly too. Lets hope we can beat them and with one or two additions kick-on from there.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Something's not right behind the scenes, a firesale of virtually the entire team from last season, players that we're not good enough to even get on the bench last season, now first choice, very underwhelming signings that smacks of buying on the cheap and a manager that every time I hear him speaks, sounds as though he's made the biggest mistake of his life.
I really hope the club know what they are doing, because if they think we'll get 23,000 fans in league one, and paying top dollar for food and merchandise, I think they'll be in for a massive shock !
Yep a major issue going on behind the scenes...Not an issue selling players,but not replacing them is a recipe for disaster.

D

Deleted member 2719

That's all very well but what about the pies ???

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

I honestly don't think fans will turn against hyypia...you'd have to be stupid to blame him.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
If there is one thing I wish for more than anything else, it is that the club are honest with us.

At the moment I don't think they have been, which for a community club is the saddest thing of all................

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
It's the fact we just won a game and people are still moaning. Yes, we are not playing like we have in the past few seasons especially under Poyet, but we won. We won a game and may get a decent tie in the next round. Let's look at the positives. CMS got a goal which we can agree was needed. We kept a clean sheet. We could be Blackpool.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Something's not right behind the scenes, a firesale of virtually the entire team from last season, players that we're not good enough to even get on the bench last season, now first choice, very underwhelming signings that smacks of buying on the cheap

Very much this, and to the OP I say this: yes, I have very much got a grip, thank you

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here