Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Verdict on albion v cheltenham?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Are our worries over???

I'm pretty sure that the answer to that is 'no' regardless of what happened tonight. A 10-0 win wouldn't change the fact we still need to sign players if we're going to challenge for the playoffs

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
A work in progress. LuaLua was the difference in the end. It was comic the 2 subs getting 10 seconds at the end.

Sami needs reinforcements quickly.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Just spoke to my lad and he said nothing special, kemy was very poor and they played 5 at the back

This what hacked me off this summer more than anything.

I would rather have Orlandi being a regular sub/30 minute man than that utter lump in our team. Bizarre decision

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was appalling, and only improved when KLL came on. For me it was the worst performance since we moved to The Amex.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Kemy - never need to see him again in the stripes. Woeful performance against what is frankly a not very good Cheltenham side.
Bruno in midfield - awful. Ran back towards his own net 95% of the times he received the ball and lost it in bad positions the other 5%. Awful - never again.
JFC - not good again tonight. Poor set pieces and offered nothing going forward in open play.
Midfield in general - just not right, not at all. Static, bereft of any attacking ideas and with Kemy in front and precious little width.....
Chicksen and Dunk - ok but not tested defensively
Greer - MotM, due to being the most attack minded player we had (at least until LuLu came on).
COG - hmmm. Jury is still out for me but wanted to see more. However. If you don't play with a winger and you have a tub of lard in the hole, little wonder your CF goes all over looking for the ball. Give him a break Sami and play a freaking winger?
CMS - we had chances to feed him early in both halves and didn't. When LuLu did...CMS scored....

We all know we need to add a LB and some midfield craft and a striker. But until we get that we should at least use the offensive weapons that we have - pace on the flanks being the most obvious. I fail to see how Sami's system will work at Championship level with the players we have.
Hope I'm wrong btw, but I've seen 180 odd minutes vs two VERY ordinary sides and I am very concerned.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Very very poor until Lua Lua came on. We had no idea of how to break down a League 2 defence. New players URGENTLY needed.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How much money are we wasting on a league 1 midfield?
The midfield really is a massive issue and has been for a long long time...Do we have the slowest midfield ever? Lol

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Kemy - never need to see him again in the stripes. Woeful performance against what is frankly a not very good Cheltenham side.
Bruno in midfield - awful. Ran back towards his own net 95% of the times he received the ball and lost it in bad positions the other 5%. Awful - never again.
JFC - not good again tonight. Poor set pieces and offered nothing going forward in open play.
Midfield in general - just not right, not at all. Static, bereft of any attacking ideas and with Kemy in front and precious little width.....
Chicksen and Dunk - ok but not tested defensively
Greer - MotM, due to being the most attack minded player we had (at least until LuLu came on).
COG - hmmm. Jury is still out for me but wanted to see more. However. If you don't play with a winger and you have a tub of lard in the hole, little wonder your CF goes all over looking for the ball. Give him a break Sami and play a freaking winger?
CMS - we had chances to feed him early in both halves and didn't. When LuLu did...CMS scored....

We all know we need to add a LB and some midfield craft and a striker. But until we get that we should at least use the offensive weapons that we have - pace on the flanks being the most obvious. I fail to see how Sami's system will work at Championship level with the players we have.
Hope I'm wrong btw, but I've seen 180 odd minutes vs two VERY ordinary sides and I am very concerned.

Good post, agree with it all. The system is not playing to our strengths at the moment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not happy with the way we are playing our full backs and it doesnt look as if they are either Against a quick attacking team like Watford we will get taken apart

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here