Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jo Pavey - European champion at 40

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Absolutely amazing. Starting to like athletics more these days, one day I may give up football for it. Few years yet though.

There is just something so inspirational about an athlete putting in the hours off their own back for very little financial reward. Stark contrast to football!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It was a good race by Jo, then she trots over and gives her two kids a kiss. 5K to follow, could she?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Heard that live on 5live. Brilliant. Before the race, they's talked up the young french runner as the best.
Was it on tv?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
When I was training for the London Marathon in 2012 she would also run along the Tiverton canal as well and she always spoke to me and asked how I was doing etc and she runs like a whippet as well and so light on her feet you couldn't hear her coming up behind you.
It wasn't until I saw her on TV running in the Olympics I realised who she was !
Couldn't happen to a nicer lady

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Absolutely amazing. Starting to like athletics more these days, one day I may give up football for it. Few years yet though.

There is just something so inspirational about an athlete putting in the hours off their own back for very little financial reward. Stark contrast to football!

I attended the English Schools Championships in Birmingham last month and lost count of the amount of kids who had to be helped off the track by medical staff at the end of races. It certainly was inspirational.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here