Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do I really need to buy a train ticket london rd to falmer return?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Done that trip quite a few times, no one has ever checked my ticket. (Tonight though with the low crowd they just might)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Find three other people to go with you and you can all go for £9

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Look at it this way. Are you a gambling man?

If you are then lets say hyperthetically you didnt buy a ticket for tonight. Chances they will check you and all other 7000 people I would imagine are very slim.

If you win you gain £4.

If you lose and you are checked without a ticket your looking at about a £20 fine.

For me it would be option A everytime.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Look at it this way. Are you a gambling man?

If you are then lets say hyperthetically you didnt buy a ticket for tonight. Chances they will check you and all other 7000 people I would imagine are very slim.

If you win you gain £4.

If you lose and you are checked without a ticket your looking at about a £20 fine.

For me it would be option A everytime.

Or asked to get off at the next station. Oh, how convenient....

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
On a similar theme on Saturday I lost my return ticket to North Dorset. At Brighton station I showed my match ticket to a bod, as I needed to board the Clapham Junc train to get the connection, assuming I was ok as travel on match ticket extends to H Heath. He opened the barrier for me and then I realised the train only stopped at Clapham far beyond the ticket travel boundary . Fortunately I only needed to change platforms at CJ so didnt need a ticket. Inspector collared me near Basingstoke and I was pleasantly surprised that he actually used common sense as he could see I still had the outbound ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here