Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Cheltenham Town ** Official Match Day Thread **

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Capital One Cup
Tuesday 12 August 2014 7:45 pm
Amex Stadium

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Cheltenham Town

Cheltenham.JPG

Referee: MICHAEL BULL
Linesman: Darren Blunden and John Busby
Fourth Official: Carl Brook

Score Predictor

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Is it live on sky?

I think it will be 5 defeats on the bounce after a 0-0 we will lose 2-0 in ET.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Official Match Day Thread?

Oh dear.
I don't care about the COCup anyway.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Genuinely looking forward to it...don't see it as any indictaor for the season (in the same way that Swindon and Newport weren't in previous recent seasons) but great chance to take a game in from a new vanatge point (1st time in East Stand tonight) and see some of the "fringe" players take on the new formation and tactics. Might he play a stronger team to help embed the new tactics further?? Probably not, but looking forward to it either way...

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Looking forward to seeing some of the fringe first-teamers in action.

While in agreement that ALL our players are fringe first teamers right now (at least until the cavalry arrives that somebody is working very hard on)...... I just don't want to make the trip to see another half-hearted performance from novices. Given the rubbish served up on Saturday I want to see the best possible team, get some goals, ideally a win under their belt and build some confidence for us all. I too am a big advocate of playing the best team at all times - had we done so against Hull in the FA Cup last season, we'd probably be in the Europa League right now.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Only a ** game

I was gonna go and then I found the seat is taken. I was waiting for the rain to stop.

Squad will be the same. We have not got enough players to do otherwise, unless the youngsters are included.

A combination of not getting the seats I wanted, that Buckley might not play, that my usual mates are not going, and West Coastway trains in the evening and I went to Newport County last a season, has discouraged me. Still time to change my mind.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Excited and getting ready to leave on train for Lewes and a beer in the sunshine before making way to 1901 for first time ever :D Wonder what the food will be like. as it's the COC I'm less worried about result and just hope a couple fringe youngsters get a good run-out and Toko has his chance. Would be good to get some goals and confidence though as think if we loose this and next game it could have bed effect (slim chance though)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I could be in a minority of about one being excited about tonight. It is the first time three generations of the family will watch Brighton together, and first time I have taken both daughters. The youngest was told Sally Seagull had bird flu last time she came and on a sickie, so that's what she wants to see (she better be there). And my mum has not been to the Amex before, but took me to my first game in 1980 at the Goldstone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here