Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shamir Fenelon on the programme tonight...

You'd think they'd at least get him to hold the violin and bow properly?!
Bu0zqS_IgAArcmt.jpg

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Why he should be picked before CMS and Buckley is beyond me. The game totally passed him by on Saturday. Maybe he will become a good player but you normally bring players on slowly by sub appearances at first like March. Then later depending on performances, get a start. I agree with him starting tonight but away at Birmingham there is no way CMS or Buckley should be behind him.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
And there was us thinking it was Barber on the fiddle…

:jester:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Why he should be picked before CMS and Buckley is beyond me. The game totally passed him by on Saturday. Maybe he will become a good player but you normally bring players on slowly by sub appearances at first like March. Then later depending on performances, get a start. I agree with him starting tonight but away at Birmingham there is no way CMS or Buckley should be behind him.

I totally agree.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
A Torquay supporting friend of mine has the view that if he were a Championship standard striker he would have scored goals which would have kept them in the League last season. Fenelon did not and the friend was very surprised he was starting for us.

In my view the line up and formation was unusual given the quality of players available, which to my mind was management decision making which did not work. Hopefully future decisions will be more productive but I do fear a relegation battle this year.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
A Torquay supporting friend of mine has the view that if he were a Championship standard striker he would have scored goals which would have kept them in the League last season. Fenelon did not and the friend was very surprised he was starting for us.

In my view the line up and formation was unusual given the quality of players available, which to my mind was management decision making which did not work. Hopefully future decisions will be more productive but I do fear a relegation battle this year.

You can't expect a player, a young one at that, to single handedly save a team from relegation. Fenelon was also used a wide player more often than not (or at least it looked that way on the FL show). He's probably not up to championship standard but it sounds like your friend expected miracles.

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
He had a great pre-season and for me stood out together with Charlie Harrison. In all the games I saw he was better than CMS & Buckley so was not surprised Sami gave him a start.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Second string, at best.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
NSC at its absolute finest. Writing off a youngster after he has made ONE appearance for the first-team.

Marvelous scenes. :nono:

Did you bother actually reading my post? I was actually defending him and merely pointing out that after only half a season of competitive football at a league two side, one in a relagation fight too, chances are he isn't there yet. I'm more than happy to give him a chance but I'm just being realistic without being damning of his ability and potential.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
club decision. The term GoodWin will not be used in reference to Brighton or any player this year.

I see what you done there

think it passed over a few heads though
nevertheless very good

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You'd think they'd at least get him to hold the violin and bow properly?!
View attachment 57242

Yep a total fail from the marketing team/photographer, I can't even think of how it leads to a relevant story, unless he actually played the violin, which he clearly doesn’t, or he the subliminal message is that he is playing second fiddle.

It looks like an April Fools prank being played on him and the team who instigated this, let alone approved it, deserve a bollocking.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NSC at its absolute finest. Writing off a youngster after he has made ONE appearance for the first-team.

Marvelous scenes. :nono:

Nobody is doing that, so far as I can see. He's a young lad learning his trade. He should be given time and space via whatever they're calling the reserves nowadays to develop his craft, not thrown in at the deep end in the second tier of the English game. OK, in a seriously desperate Withdean season you might have to do that to the young players, but with our much-touted Premier League Ready status, you'd expect the club to offer the player a much greater Duty Of Care. Let alone ask him to pose on the front cover of the match day programme with a violin FFS for the sake of a puerile headline. It's all got a bit stupid IMHO, needs somebody now to have any overall vision. club just seems to be drifting towards the idiotic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here