Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The transfer window shuts with ....

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
only Ward signing for us and Buckley leaving. In this bleak scenario, how would fellow NSCrs view our prospects for the rest of the season? I think we'll just about have enough in the tank to stay up but it's likely to be a depressing season for us. I'll still support the team at every home game and some away fixtures but I won't pretend that I'll be anything other than extremely disappointed if things pan out that way, especially after two play-off seasons. Perhaps we have been too spoilt of late?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bit pointless speculating IMO, going to wait until 1/9 before getting depressed or excited.

Fine. Just trying to gauge likely reactions. I hope we make some decent signings too.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Don t think that will happen personally as i think we will take on dome loans anyway.
If it does though it will be a hard few months. Really will need Toko and Stephens fit in midfield. Scoring goals wod be my main concern. I personally feel we would be cut adrift from the top 6 and hovering somewhere 12-15th place.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
My main concern is we lose out in the transfer market and try to play the loan market which would see us still building the much needed replacements deep into September

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
And of course this will be our last bit of business for the season, as Tony Bloom doesn't like to add any more players to the squad in the January transfer window, as per his interview last year ???

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
It would be a disgrace if that was the net result of the window, and the club would have to seriously rein in the "Premier League Ready" nonsense.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I think Tony would have some explaining to do.

Maybe he would employ a new recruitment manager, as Tony Bloom obviuosly feels the budget he has allowed was good enough for the strong squad that he promised at the forum.

So Mr Burke may very well have a short time left if he fails to deliver. .

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
We will definetly sign players by the end of the transfer window, Bloom will look a bit silly if we don't after his comment at the fans forum, whether they will be any good or not is another question.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Get used to the post sept 1 loan signings

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
only Ward signing for us and Buckley leaving. In this bleak scenario, how would fellow NSCrs view our prospects for the rest of the season? I think we'll just about have enough in the tank to stay up but it's likely to be a depressing season for us. I'll still support the team at every home game and some away fixtures but I won't pretend that I'll be anything other than extremely disappointed if things pan out that way, especially after two play-off seasons. Perhaps we have been too spoilt of late?

You can see us signing Ward ?????

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The transfer window shuts with Buckley, LuaLua and CMS sold, no replacements but you just find out you've inherited £500K and the beautiful young fit blonde that you picked up last night won't leave you alone and gives the best blowjobs ever. How would you feel ?

Just trying to gauge reaction :p

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have this thought which won't go away that our best chance of getting in the Premier League in the short-medium term was that second leg v Palace. I wish it would go away, but it won't. There are now (10?) teams already with parachute payments of one description or another, and even 'small' teams coming up like Brentford have rich owners and are spending £1m on players.

I do believe that in the medium to long term the academy and training facility investment will propel us right up there, and it is important we are no worse than Championship when that starts to kick in. I don't know if 'spoilt' is the right word, but there have been some great moments the past few seasons and it is important to enjoy them as they are happening, rather than realise it was good years later. But unless something amazing happens we are going to be less strong relative to our rivals than we have been for two, maybe three seasons.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Let's worry about that if and when it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here