Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would it take to get you positive again about our super seagulls chances this year?

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
With even the Clayton deal now seeming unlikely, Buckley in doubt and us being linked with pretty much nobody...

The optimist in me is assuming (hoping (wishing (dreaming))) that our board are beavering away in the background and are about to surprise us all with the following...

- We will bring in 4 more players, including a (target man) striker, a flair midfielder and a left back. All of which will be £1m+ deals.
- Bloom will say we have been counting our pennies for FFP, and haven't been held to ransom by any agents
- Sami will say "These are just the players we have been waiting for, we didn't want to tell the fans/media beforehand as they would have inflated the transfer prices"

So what would it take to get you positive again about our super seagulls chances this year?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
With even the Clayton deal now seeming unlikely, Buckley in doubt and us being linked with pretty much nobody...

The optimist in me is assuming (hoping (wishing (dreaming))) that our board are beavering away in the background and are about to surprise us all with the following...

- We will bring in 4 more players, including a (target man) striker, a flair midfielder and a left back. All of which will be £1m+ deals.
- Bloom will say we have been counting our pennies for FFP, and haven't been held to ransom by any agents
- Sami will say "These are just the players we have been waiting for, we didn't want to tell the fans/media beforehand as they would have inflated the transfer prices"

So what would it take to get you positive again about our super seagulls chances this year?

I think we need more than 4 players!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But I'm not negative. Waiting until the window is closed and Sami has a few games under his belt before getting in a tizz about it all. I don't think for a minute the the Board are doing nothing, they're just, as usual, not broadcasting our business.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Not saying I am negative about it, just indifferent really. We have a worse squad than last year and haven't reinvested so its hardly as exciting at the moment.

So my current state is indifferent! I want to be positive again!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
We haven't invested any of our tranfer budget so far. Apart from £500k on COG.

With the additional funds from sales of Ulloa I am dissapointed that signings havn't materialised. Seems targets don't share our ambition.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Some players.

We have a huge list of needs right now to be a top side, including 2 full backs, a creative midfielder and at least one striker ideally two.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I just want to go to bed and get a good nights sleep, instead of worrying about a relegation scrap and waking up in a wet bed every night.
So some serious squad strengthening.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Believe it or not I, too, want nothing more than to be positive about our prospects this season. The signing of 4-6 quality players before the window shuts, including a left back and two strikers, will do for me but I think we'll be lucky to see one, and it'll probably be Ward since nobody else seems to want him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We'll be fine and dandy.

What I would like to see is the structure of the football calendar changed.

This phoney month of August is becoming more and more pointless (in every sense of the word).

Either start the season 02.09 or finish all transfers 01.08.
Every team will do considerable business from the start of the season to the end of the window.

The transfer window in principle works even more so nowadays.
It does a good job of stopping owners buying a title/promotion/saving relegation.
But it makes a mockery of August and to a lesser extent January.

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'm not negative.
Once the loan window has been snapped shut will be interesting to see the state of the squad.
TB said it will be competative. I believe him when he says that. I do believe the squad is 5 players short.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I just want to go to bed and get a good nights sleep, instead of worrying about a relegation scrap and waking up in a wet bed every night.
So some serious squad strengthening.

Try one of these, peace of mind :wink:

MP.jpg

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Some signings would be nice, to at least bring the squad back up to the strength of last season. We are told that the club is targeting the playoffs as a minimum, that we are all about being "Premier League Ready," yet so far the dealings since January don't back this up at all - £11m out (plus talented players on frees), £1.5m in - replacing a player who left for free and one we sold in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here