Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barclays Under 21 Premier League

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Not sure if anyone was aware of this.

Now we are in League 2 of this, I have just noticed that the new Sky Sports 5 channel will be showing games.

Hopefully they cover both leagues. Will be good to watch some fixtures on TV

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1407768198.191610.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1407768198.191610.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 644
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1407768207.645052.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1407768207.645052.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 835

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Arsenal U21's are in the 2nd division? Wow.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
This is what confuses me, is it a relegation tiered league, or just a split of teams one just called first division and the other a second division.

You would expect at least Arsenal to be in the top division at some point, did they get relegated then, to then enter the 2nd division ??

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This is what confuses me, is it a relegation tiered league, or just a split of teams one just called first division and the other a second division.

You would expect at least Arsenal to be in the top division at some point, did they get relegated then, to then enter the 2nd division ??

This is the first season that there have been two divisions. Last season there were 22 teams and Arsenal finished 14th. Two teams have been added this season (as both ourselves and Derby attained Category One status). Last season's top 12 teams make up Division 1, and the bottom 10 teams from last season (plus Albion and Derby) make up Division 2. It is planned that 2 teams will be relegated/promoted each season moving forward, in an attempt to make the U-21 games more competitive and a better training environment for first-team football.

Dec 29, 2011

I think this is the first year it was tiered. Last year they had about 20 teams in the league, and the bottom 10 were told they would be in the second divison this season. I assume promotion and relegation between the two tiers is happening, however no relegation from the second tier takes place. This is all my assumptions so correct me if anyone knows any different.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think this is the first year it was tiered. Last year they had about 20 teams in the league, and the bottom 10 were told they would be in the second divison this season. I assume promotion and relegation between the two tiers is happening, however no relegation from the second tier takes place. This is all my assumptions so correct me if anyone knows any different.

I would refer my learned friend to post #7.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Our first game at home to Blackburn at Lancing next Monday 18th at 7pm.

The mighty youth factory Palarse are in neither division.

PG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Our first game at home to Blackburn at Lancing next Monday 18th at 7pm.

The mighty youth factory Palarse are in neither division.

PG

Interesting.

Anyone know why that is ? Genuine question, as I gather Palace's youth academy is on another level completely from anyone elses, certainly in this country, and only La Masia really comes anywhere near it in terms of regularly churning out such world class household names such as Victor Moses, Jon Williams, and that kiddy on loan at Cardiff last season who's name escapes me.

Does it exist above Category One status all on its very own ? Category Premiére Elite Platinum SuperDooperness or something ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting.

Anyone know why that is ? Genuine question, as I gather Palace's youth academy is on another level completely from anyone elses, certainly in this country, and only La Masia really comes anywhere near it in terms of regularly churning out such world class household names such as Victor Moses, Jon Williams, and that kiddy on loan at Cardiff last season who's name escapes me.

Does it exist above Category One status all on its very own ? Category Premiére Elite Platinum SuperDooperness or something ?

Yes, yes it does.

And you forgot John Bostock :nono:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here