Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFP penalties..

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
Right, I'm sure this has been covered on here before but I haven't seen it, so I'm putting it out here...

We seem to be one of the only clubs really striving to make an effort to fall in line with FFP.
Now Barber seems confident that it although it restricts us now, that all will be good in the end as the clubs that don't comply will be punished (fines, transfer embargoes, point deductions or whatever it may be).

Am I alone in not having faith that the clubs not complying will actually be punished in a manner that will make complying with FFP worthwhile? And that we will just end up behind the pace because we tried to play by the rules?

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Tip - Use the search option and your questions will be answered, don't start yet ANOTHER thread on FFP!!!

Pure laziness and ineptitude.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
QPR are 'liable' to £54 million in fines for their overspending last season. I don't see them being chased up for it, so is it another limp-wristed response from the powers that be ??? Forest look like they are taking the same approach this season. The PTB need to enforce the rules to the letter, and not fudge it...

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
[Q UOTE=Smirko;6499693]Tip - Use the search option and your questions will be answered, don't start yet ANOTHER thread on FFP!!!

Pure laziness and ineptitude.[/QUOTE]

Jesus wept. It's only a question.
Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
QPR are 'liable' to £54 million in fines for their overspending last season. I don't see them being chased up for it, so is it another limp-wristed response from the powers that be ??? Forest look like they are taking the same approach this season. The PTB need to enforce the rules to the letter, and not fudge it...

This is what I was thinking.

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
TB has stated on many occasions that he wants a self-sustaining club as far as possible going forward. So whether FFP is correctly enforced or not, we are not going to change our philosophy.

Which is fine. I like that we refuse to be silly and spend a truck load on players just because we can (if TB was feeling it) But at what point does that start being detrimental?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Where are their accounts? They only need submitting for FFP purposes by December, so I doubt that anyone knows an exact figure yet.

The number of meetings that the FL have had about it and the strength of feeling amongst many clubs in the FL suggests to me that the PTB are serious. We will see, of course, but I do expect penalties to be dished out and chased up.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

They won't be chased for it before the penalties are decided and dished out in December/January. As it stands they do not owe anything before then.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Where are their accounts? They only need submitting for FFP purposes by December, so I doubt that anyone knows an exact figure yet.

The number of meetings that the FL have had about it and the strength of feeling amongst many clubs in the FL suggests to me that the PTB are serious. We will see, of course, but I do expect penalties to be dished out and chased up.

Beat me to it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If the FL don't apply the fines to QPR and collect, I would like to see what the clubs that do adhere to FFP do in response.

Also if the FL do chase QPR up for the money, but they don't pay it, would the FL refuse them a place when they get relegated?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Tip - Use the search option and your questions will be answered, don't start yet ANOTHER thread on FFP!!!

Pure laziness and ineptitude.

Seconded.

Which is fine. I like that we refuse to be silly and spend a truck load on players just because we can (if TB was feeling it) But at what point does that start being detrimental?

It is detrimental now and has been for at least last season. However, it becomes beneficial when the transfer embargoes hit and clubs can't sign players or extend contracts. Those players then come onto the market and that should benefit clubs that adhered to the FFP rules as they will be in a stronger position to negotiate wages (no transfer fees either!), ie those players will be out of job and no longer have an income.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If the FL don't apply the fines to QPR and collect, I would like to see what the clubs that do adhere to FFP do in response.

Also if the FL do chase QPR up for the money, but they don't pay it, would the FL refuse them a place when they get relegated?

We all know that they should but if that was the punishment to clubs getting promoted would it be the first step to the PL closing its ranks and not allowing any more clubs into their gang?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why will the Football League not enforce the penalties?

No where has it been stated that this will be the case. The clubs voted on it and agreed to the penalties. The only thing to change is money is no longer distributed between those complying.

The further meeting had by the league and the chairman is what happens going forwards not what is happening now. Therefore all the clubs that fall foul now will de dealt with the penalties as they exist. The league has an obligation to those that follow regulations correctly. If they fail to adhere (the league) to the issuing of the penalties I suggest the clubs in compliance would have a field day in court.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It is detrimental now and has been for at least last season. However, it becomes beneficial when the transfer embargoes hit and clubs can't sign players or extend contracts. Those players then come onto the market and that should benefit clubs that adhered to the FFP rules as they will be in a stronger position to negotiate wages (no transfer fees either!), ie those players will be out of job and no longer have an income.

The only problem I can see with that theory is that clubs like Forest, QPR and others who have been spending money for fun will have squads large enough that embargoes won't hurt them-at least not for the next couple of seasons.

I'm a supporter of FFP but the longer things go on as they are, and despite FIFA wanting it implemented everywhere, I have a horrible feeling that it will prove to be a waste of time and effort. The only way to bring things into line is for people to stop giving their money to Murdoch but even that is flawed because the overseas deal dwarf the domestic riches.

Let's see what the first financial reports bring...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Those are very good points. The FL must do as their members wish, so if they don't apply fines, the other clubs will find some people who will! And re QPR, yes, excellent, they should not be allowed back in!

NODC

Apr 19, 2012
It does seem to be a big struggle for us to meet FFP. Are the expenses of the AMEX much higher than expected or is it that other fans are less vocal about the lack of transfers that there team are making?

Are we paying the price for such a nice stadium and should we have just built an out of the box stadium like other clubs have done?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The only problem I can see with that theory is that clubs like Forest, QPR and others who have been spending money for fun will have squads large enough that embargoes won't hurt them-at least not for the next couple of seasons.

I'm a supporter of FFP but the longer things go on as they are, and despite FIFA wanting it implemented everywhere, I have a horrible feeling that it will prove to be a waste of time and effort. The only way to bring things into line is for people to stop giving their money to Murdoch but even that is flawed because the overseas deal dwarf the domestic riches.

Let's see what the first financial reports bring...

A couple of seasons?

Firstly QPR will not have a embargo but a fine.

In regard to anyone in our league I'm sure that contracts of some of their stars will run out in that period. If so the are not allowed to offer new contracts. Therefore their highly valued players will have to see out their contracts and then become free agents. Alternatively the club can sell them in the hope they fall below the FFP limits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here