Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Intermittent loading problems

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I've been experiencing problems getting onto NSC for the past week or so.
The page struggles to load, often stopping half way through loading.
I've cleared my cache, and forced refresh the site, but still issues.
I am using a PC and Firefox 31.0. Chrome is an improvement, but still having issues.
All other websites are absolutely fine.
Anyone else experiencing problems?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Same as. Had problems with Firefox, chrome and chrome mobile.

Interestingly I've just turned on VPN and it's now working fine. Not sure if that had cocked anything up in the first place.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes, been having the exact same problem at home, but not at work curiously. Cleared the cache, deleted all temporary files etc but no difference. Am wondering if one of the plug-ins needs us to upgrade flash or something in the browser? Am using same version of Chrome at work and at home.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There have been a few reports of this and, bizarrely, all seem to have been solved by a restarting of the router being used which, in most cases, seems to be BT supplied.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I was in Yorkshire last week using completely different kit. It had been playing up at home before that and still was yesterday. This morning it's fine, without Bozza's solution of turning the router off and on again. I think there is a personal element in it, because water has got in the system from the bed wetters.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have had real problem with BT broadband over the past couple of weeks for a range of websites. Did some diagnostics, turned out to be related to their default DNS servers. I have reconfigured my non-BT router to point to the free OpenDNS servers, and everything is much better.

Except NSC (using Chrome)... which sits with 'Processing request...' in bottom left corner, and the spinning 'loading' icon on the NSC tab. :nono:

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Had problems all last week on all devices. Couldn't get on at all for 3 days.

Yesterday it corrected itself and everything seems back to normal now.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What if one does not have a router? All I have is a dish on the side of my house with a cable connected to a splitter, which goes to the PC. I have rebooted the splitter several times but it does not make any difference. Perhaps the splitter is a router - I dunno?! It is very annoying.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Have had problems over last week on PC, android and chrome book. Have restarted router several times to no effect. Seem to have periods where I think it has been resolved but then have long periods where it just hangs and hangs. Still the same.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Our hosts, Rackspace had an issue last week around the time that a few people complained of an issue, but that was resolved long ago. That people have found remedy from restarting routers or things have just remedied themselves after a period of time suggests that there's caching going on somewhere that, when cleared, will fix access for everyone.

If there's something I could do, I would!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've been virtually locked out for a week .... took [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] advice yesterday reset my router (stick a pin in the back!!) and all is AOK now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here