Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood - 1.2million.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
As much as I agree, haven't we already done this thread.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Because he's pony?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
What did he do for Leicester after they shelled out 1m+ for him?

Scored a hatrick in his first game then sat on the bench. Also scored with his face if I remember correctly. Better than CMS and O'Grady (IMO) with plenty of years ahead of him.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Other than some premier league cast offs on loan, this is the best that is available and IMO would be a great signing. This guy will do damage in this league given the opportunity.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Scored a hatrick in his first game then sat on the bench. Also scored with his face if I remember correctly. Better than CMS and O'Grady (IMO) with plenty of years ahead of him.
The problem is that he will likely be on big wages at Leicester, far out of our reach so the transfer fee is paltry given the overall investment in his contract.

But I do like him, just not sure whether he is worth the money.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The problem is that he will likely be on big wages at Leicester, far out of our reach so the transfer fee is paltry given the overall investment in his contract.

But I do like him, just not sure whether he is worth the money.

Worth 1.2 mil but agree with you regarding wages. Would more than likely be a stumbling block for us

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

He scored a blinding goal against Burnley too.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
To me, we needed something a little difference. A lump. And we decided to go out and sign CoG. Maybe we should have gone for Wood, but we didn't we signed CoG.

Wood is not even in the same category as Ulloa and certainly not going to be an effective replacement. We need a goal scorer not another 'lump'.

*please note that this is not in anyway me having a go at the signing of CoG. Just differentiating him from other types of centre forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here