Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we the new stoke city?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
1 goal a game if we're lucky
Sky commentators always have a dig at our slow in affective football.
Fans are so bored that they leave early and the trains are used as the excuse:lolol:

Let's be honest we've been a pretty negative side since we've moved to the amex and the fans crave entertaining football wether we win or lose,one striker at home and one winger has been the norm for ages.Funny thing is us fans can see what the problem is,yet the management can't.If you play one striker you need quality creative players with pace in abundance just behind them,well we don't have one nevermind 3 or 4...We need to be playing two strikers until the creativity arrives.

Mind you stoke aren't so boring now...hence why we are getting that tag:thumbsup:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
No we are the new Arsenal...

Spend money on a new Stadium and sell your best players each year.....using the money to reduce the Borrowings rather than invest in replacements..

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
No I'd say Sheff Weds are the new 'old' Stoke - Big physical side, not much flair and 1 shot on goal = 3pts ! Also agree with #2

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
More like the new Take That.

fans.jpg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
When have Sky commentators ever praised Stoke's "slow attractive football"?
I thought Stoke were supposed to have really good fans as well.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No we are the new Arsenal...

Spend money on a new Stadium and sell your best players each year.....using the money to reduce the Borrowings rather than invest in replacements..

except we (TB) are making a loss every year, and therefore increasing the net amount he is funding the Club.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
except we (TB) are making a loss every year, and therefore increasing the net amount he is funding the Club.
This is why we need a talented scouting network that can find talented youngsters,paying ageing players silly money isn't the way forward,just hope the academy produces in the next 2/3 years as our scouting team certainly ain't finding much.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Sadly, very true. The Arsenal model might be a good one to try to emulate, but it's not quite working. Maybe we need to keep managers for more than a season...............

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If you mean boring attritional football then yes. Sadly unlike Stoke we dont have anyone to stick the ball in the net.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
This is why we need a talented scouting network that can find talented youngsters,paying ageing players silly money isn't the way forward,just hope the academy produces in the next 2/3 years as our scouting team certainly ain't finding much.

I'm very much hoping that, in a few years, the academy is producing a Southampton-esque conveyor belt of talent that is not just good enough for the occasional first team substitute appearance but form an integral part of the squad.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm very much hoping that, in a few years, the academy is producing a Southampton-esque conveyor belt of talent that is not just good enough for the occasional first team substitute appearance but form an integral part of the squad.

Plus an additional £10-£20m a year when we sell them to MASSIVE CLUBS like Man U, Liverpool & Arsenal*

*Norwich, Sunderland and Palace

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Cost 2 million a year to run,so that will put pressure on to produce talent.

I know what you mean, but I wouldn't call it pressure - if the academy doesn't produce talent then it will have been an unmitigated catastrophe, and have failed in it's most basic objective. It's like saying a pig is under pressure to produce bacon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here