Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Stephen Ward????

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
sigh..., Kenny Jackett apparently said that he didn't want to play Ward and a few others in the first team, and that they were free to leave.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ months ago it was stated he'll never play for wolves again with a few others...Are we actually after him?or is it presumed we're?

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
on his way down to brighton to have a medical with Adam Clayton and sign so the club can announce the signing of them at the same time...

Is what you wanted to hear wasn't it??

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Steve Hodge (former Notts Forest player) was interviewed at the weekend.
He said he is currently coaching at Wolves where he is looking after the Team 3 players (Ward, O'Hara, Doyle).
He says they train in the afternoon and his job is to keep them fit....
They will get no where near the first team...even at training as they do that in the morning.
Unfortunately for Wolves O'Hara still has 2 years left on his contract......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He said he is currently coaching at Wolves where he is looking after the Team 3 players (Ward, O'Hara, Doyle).
They will get no where near the first team...even at training as they do that in the morning.

I heard this, on Talksport. I think. Was very obvious this group of players are not in any plans are being kept fit to be sold. They'll be gone somewhere by the end of the window. Question of who blinks first I guess......probably won't be TB

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Could the other two (O'Hara and Doyle) do a job (if they were willing to take a cut in wages)?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Could the other two (O'Hara and Doyle) do a job (if they were willing to take a cut in wages)?

I don't think O'Hara would be willing to take the wage cut. O'Hara is on wages that are rumoured to be very high for a Championship player, and were astronomical for a League 1 player.

Wolves were silly enough to offer the wages, I wouldn't blame O'Hara for seeing out his contract. The problem is that no club will offer anywhere near his current wages because he hasn't played in quite a while. Would I take a massive wage cut for the opportunity to re-start my career? If I were in his position, I just don't know.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

They would need to be massive cuts.
Believe both are on massive contracts
Doyle i would not say no to.
O'hara i would not touch. Over rated playboy. We have options in the middle of the park. I would not want him

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
When will people realise it is in Wolves interest not to give in to him coming to us until the end of August in the hope that we lose our games before then.
You could also say that every week Wolves are chucking away 13k, they shelled out over 50k last month for a player who they don't want. This month it is another 50k. Essentially they have 'lost' 100k!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He's in here somewhere

Wally---Gobbling-G_2346215b.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
You could also say that every week Wolves are chucking away 13k, they shelled out over 50k last month for a player who they don't want. This month it is another 50k. Essentially they have 'lost' 100k!

When you add together the wages for Wolves 'group 3' plus the cost of the coach they have bought in especially to keep these assests in a fit and saleable condition, Wolves are spending a fortune on players that they don't want.

I hope that Wolves didn't write a 'promotion bonus' clause into their contracts - otherwise the League One title may prove to be expensive. There was some rumour going around last week that Stephen Ward was due a promotion bonus from last season, even though he didn't play at Wolves!!

tatter306

Aug 11, 2014
Hi Albion fans Wolves fan in peace!

Where is Ward? Rotting in our “Group3” while he should be playing football.

For those of you who don’t know Jackett dumped several players in with the U21s at the start of last season (in fact on the day they returned for pre-season) stating they were not “part of his plans”.
Ward was one of those along with Kevin Doyle (briefly before he became part of Kenny’s plans and then got loaned out in January), Jamie O’Hara (until he was briefly part of Kenny’s plans and then wasn’t again), Karl Henry and Roger Johnson.

Henry went to QPR permanently last season and the others along with a number of Stale Solbakken’s signings have returned from loans and remain out of favour. Rather than dump them in the U21s this season Jackett has designated them “Group3” (alternatively known as the bomb squad) and made it clear (again) that they are not part of his plans.

All the talk is that these players were part of dressing room bust ups and cliques during the Solbakken debacle however I find that very difficult to believe when it comes to Ward.

He is not particularly popular with many Wolves fans and is usually denigrated as a poor LB who would have been better off remaining a striker but there are some such as myself who still have plenty of time for him.

That said he should be playing football and he isn’t going to play for us so the best thing all round is for him to get a move.

Wages are being quoted as the reason he hasn’t moved yet (I have no idea if this is true or not) with him allegedly on £13k a week and refusing to drop to the £10k a week he’s been offered. If this is true then he needs to pull his finger out and accept the deal; £10k a week and playing regularly MUST be better than £13k a week and not playing especially as he only has a year left and will find it more difficult to get a deal next season if he’s been idle for most of this.

If any more info becomes available at this end I’ll pop by and share it and I’ll keep and eye on this site to see what you lot are hearing.
Good luck for season.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I posted this in another thread but it applies:

We're playing hardball with Wolves.

I expect the Ward deal to go through on the final day when Wolves no longer have any cards left to play.

In the mean time, stories linking us to other LB's are just increasing the pressure on Wolves who don't want Ward's wages on their books but want to extract as much as they can out of us,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here