Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Section of NSC. PLease check it out.

NSC Blog

It's good. Read it.
Jul 28, 2011
Under the main NSC banner, click on 'Articles' (or click here: http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?127-Albion-v-Sheffield-Wednesday-09-08-2014 ) to be taken to the content section.

Here you will find, articles about Albion related stuff, and on the 'Match Reports' tab, er - reports on the game.

Our reporter on Saturday, was unimpressed by the decision-making of Andrew Crofts...

Whatever Sami discussed with the team at half time, whatever he had planned, to turn things around, was out the window three minutes after the restart. For reasons known only to himself, Andrew Crofts chose to launch into a tackle, lifting one leg dangerously high on the shin of his victim. Opinion in the stands was split on whether a red card was necessary, but honestly, the ball wasn't in a dangerous area, and the one experienced player in the Albion midfield, really didn't need to be giving the ref that decision to make.

...and feels Sami has a job on his hands...

Sami has got a big job on his hands. The player recruitment team need to get some deals completed to help him out, but that's not the full story. There's work to do on the training ground to get the best out of what we already have - because this was well short of it. We go again in three days, and the League Cup game has probably now assumed a touch more importance. Let's hope to see some signs of progress

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you have any desire to contribute more structured pieces of Albion/football related writings to NSC, please get in touch with me.

No pressure to write often, just as and when the mood takes you.

Your writing will almost certainly be read by considerably more Albion fans than on any other platform and we're looking at (modest) payments for regular and/or high quality contributions.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You won't be able to unless I grant you permission. I clearly don't want any old dross...

That will upset a certain NSCer who thinks he is a journo :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Yeah, it won't work on Tapatalk.

The problem isn't that it doesn't work, but that my phone assumes, presumably because it's prefaced by http://northstandchat.com/, that it's a valid tapatalk link. Not sure if this is due to a problem with the software or whether it's your plugin - for example can you alter the settings on the plugin so that it knows that only pages that start 'showthread' are tapatalk compatible? At the moment I'm alerted on my phone via twitter to new blog content but unable to then access it because it links to old archived threads via tapatalk instead of opening the web browser.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I assume that is iPhone/iPad? Which suggests the problem is just the Android version, and therefore tapatalk's problem rather than [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s. Damnit.

The fact the link does or doesn't work, is not the end of the world. Just click on 'Read the Albion' at the top of the page, and browse through the content yourselves. Quite a lot of content there now - well worth a look.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is quicker getting the news out there than the Argus, and even the club site. He was first with the news of the Holl signing.

Everybody should read [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] 's pieces on FFP and on the who's who of the Albion boardroom.

The fact the link does or doesn't work, is not the end of the world. Just click on 'Read the Albion' at the top of the page, and browse through the content yourselves. Quite a lot of content there now - well worth a look.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is quicker getting the news out there than the Argus, and even the club site. He was first with the news of the Holl signing.

Everybody should read [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] 's pieces on FFP and on the who's who of the Albion boardroom.

You underestimate my laziness! I suspect I'm not the only one that does a lot of my NSC surfing via mobile, and specifically the Tapatalk app, which means that I never use the website on my phone/tablet. However I certainly will be checking out the stuff that's there when I am on the PC...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm considering stopping Tapatalk by way of a trial, and making proper use of the NSC mobile template. That way, the content stuff will be fully accessible to everyone in the one place.

Making the content stuff more accessible to forum users is my main goal currently.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I suspect I'm not the only one that does a lot of my NSC surfing via mobile

Even as someone who is glued to my phone, I am surprised at the reported usage of NSC by technology, particularly during evenings when, in order of volume of use, it can be Mobile > Tablet > Desktop.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I'm considering stopping Tapatalk by way of a trial, and making proper use of the NSC mobile template. That way, the content stuff will be fully accessible to everyone in the one place.

Making the content stuff more accessible to forum users is my main goal currently.

Can you add an RSS feed for the "Read The Albion" section ? Some really good stuff there, once I had tracked it down.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here