Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So.....

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Wolves, whom I thought looked useful yesterday, are about to fork out £1.2m on Chris Wood and Joe Mason about to go on loan to Bolton......please , can we do something pro-active ......

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I notice that Ward wasn't even on the bench for Wolves yesterday.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Lots of people saying we should get Wood, obviously improved since his spell here but is he that good? Not held down a starting place and championship level as far as I'm aware.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
not saying we should be in for Wood, just wish we were being pro-active. IMO we need a good few players in key positions in the next three weeks.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
20 days to get 4 players ( 5 if we need to replace Buckley ).

Not looking good.

I would feel very uncomfortable starting the season with the central defence as it is. I think we need a new centre back too.

5 new signings (6 if Buckley goes). Not looking good.

CD
LB
AMC
LW/Inside forward
ST

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It's taken me a while to get used to but something we all need to get used to is the way the club deal with transfers. It's probably very much motivated by our finances not being the same as other clubs (is it 9 or 10 clubs getting parachute payments). If we can't financially compete out and out with a team, then we don't advertise what we're doing as it might give us an edge in that if they don't realise who we're in for and they're slow out of the blocks we might beat them to the signing.
The downside is for fans who also don't hear anything we get worried and frustrated, but at the moment it is probably the right way to do things.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
20 days to get 4 players ( 5 if we need to replace Buckley ).

Not looking good.

I would be v surprised if we signed anyone other than Ward by the end of August. When it comes to buying players we appear to lack any real ambition or motivation. Bricks and mortar is the only thing that seems to excite our senior management.

Is there a luckier footballer alive than Jamie O'Hara? Can just sit on his contract for two years and then retire a rich man.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Is there a luckier footballer alive than Jamie O'Hara? Can just sit on his contract for two years and then retire a rich man.

Who would be an averagely talented footballer nowadays? Oh the hardship. :down:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I would be v surprised if we signed anyone other than Ward by the end of August. When it comes to buying players we appear to lack any real ambition or motivation. Bricks and mortar is the only thing that seems to excite our senior management.
What ridiculous comment. I want us to sign players as much as you, but that is just plain silly.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I'd like to be able to get Wood.

But I'm not getting any younger, and I have my health issues............

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
So what are the club doing and how would you do things differently?

with Crofts's impending three match ban, pulling their fingers out I would hope, also the striker issue should have been addressed long ago, considering the protracted sale of Ulloa...need I go on ?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What ridiculous comment. I want us to sign players as much as you, but that is just plain silly.

I'm not sure it is. We have done nothing so far to convince me otherwise. Let's see what happens come the end of August. We should expect to be disappointed again I fear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here