Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons why Sami needs an assistant.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
An assistant would have told him that when you join a new club, you acknowledge the fans before the match.
An assistant would have told him that if you spend 90% of a match sitting down and not issuing orders from your technical area, fans will think he ain't that bothered.
An assistant would have told him that his behaviour yesterday made it look like he leaves everything to NJ.
An assistant would have told him that the fans expect him to stick up for the club as far as Championship poor refs are concerned. Yesterday Wednesday scored when the ref clearly told Wednesday players to move back 10 yards for their free kick. They ignored him and started the move from which they scored, catching us unawares.
Oscar wasn't very animated, but at least we knew he was there.
And another thing. Why no training routines for the subs pre match. They just occupied themselves with a bit of a kick around like you would in the garden. Looked thoroughly unprofessional.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Got another one

An assistant would have told him not to take any notice of drama queens who over react because we lost the opening game!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If you are naturally reserved, you can leave it to the assistant to do the important job of leaping up to remonstrate with officials or celebrate goals.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
An assistant would have told him that when you join a new club, you acknowledge the fans before the match.
An assistant would have told him that if you spend 90% of a match sitting down and not issuing orders from your technical area, fans will think he ain't that bothered.
An assistant would have told him that his behaviour yesterday made it look like he leaves everything to NJ.
An assistant would have told him that the fans expect him to stick up for the club as far as Championship poor refs are concerned. Yesterday Wednesday scored when the ref clearly told Wednesday players to move back 10 yards for their free kick. They ignored him and started the move from which they scored, catching us unawares.
And another thing. Why no training routines for the subs pre match. They just occupied themselves with a bit of a kick around like you would in the garden. Looked thoroughly unprofessional.

What childish drivel.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Got another one

An assistant would have told him not to take any notice of drama queens who over react because we lost the opening game!

I can only assume you see drama queens everywhere then because I'm certainly not over reacting over the result. But I and a lot of others are entitled to the view that sometimes you have to play the game and make the appropriate reactions. Like it or not Tubby, I want a visible manager!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I agree he should have spent a bit more time on his feet

Why do people think that all football managers need to be arm waving, mouthy individuals who need to acknowledge our existence by clapping us . I am only bothered whether the team perform and get results. I am not so insecure I need to be applauded for turning up to watch my team play.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Why do people think that all football managers need to be arm waving, mouthy individuals who need to acknowledge our existence by clapping us . I am only bothered whether the team perform and get results. I am not so insecure I need to be applauded for turning up to watch my team play.

True, but isn't it a bit odd that on your first match for a new club, at home, in front of a pretty decent sized crowd, you don't acknowledge the supporters at all?

Personally, I'm not worried about the result too much. I'd like to think an assistant would have contributed with the old "Er, boss, we're losing... Are you sure Kemy is the right call here?"

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Because it shows passion, which everyone knows is the most important attribute for any aspiring manager.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

What you mean an assistant like Taricco who spends the whole match doing an impression of Dave from the Royle Family after he's had his corned beef hash

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Like a Tony Pulis you mean, he demonstrates that all those attributes can polish a turd.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

I can't agree with anything you have said. Maybe when your chairman you can employee Barry Fry or Steve Evans.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I also think Sami needs an experienced assistant, although not for the reasons outlined above but because he said that he wanted one when he took up the job. The Sammy Lee episode was obviously a farce but what plans are their now to provide Sami with this sort of support? Someone like Steve Coppell for instance. I have no problem with Nathan Jones but he cannot provide the sort of support Sami obviously thinks he needs to succeed in a challenging appointment.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hyypia stated he needs an experienced no 2 to learn from,he currently has a skinny inexperienced no 2 as his mentor,funny how we've heard nothing whats so ever about the assistant mangers role since fatty lee turned us down.

An experienced no 2 is so important,sadly the cheap option will always be taken :(

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Hyypia stated he needs an experienced no 2 to learn from,he currently has a skinny inexperienced no 2 as his mentor,funny how we've heard nothing whats so ever about the assistant mangers role since fatty lee turned us down.

An experienced no 2 is so important,sadly the cheap option will always be taken :(

bloody hell you're back :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

At the fans forum last week, Sami said he wanted a no 2 that he knew and could trust to be honest with him. He's not just going to take any old player/coach that he doesn't know. He said he would rather leave it until he found what he wanted. It's his choice, after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here