Page 28 of 73 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I dont rate Buckley but could be wrong, after all prem want him not rochdale. What worries me is why we are havig a fire sale of players at the start of a season?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lifelong Supporter View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Buckley scores, that is why he is on the way to the Premiership. 19 in 96 games for Brighton. That is one in five, not bad for a winger. How come you missed them. How many did you think he had scored ?
      I know he scored 3 last season if that helps...point is he doesn't fit our system anymore and he's a crock.
      How about you pay for a player as cover for buckley this season?
      Can you spare 10k a week?
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      If he goes there can't be many of Gus old team to dismantle, sadly the replacements are somewhat wanting. He could spot a player though and we are missing that at the present time
      portslade seagull..brighton till i die
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
      Borini was quality last season
      I thought he was very ordinary.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by perseus View Post
      I thought he was very ordinary.
      Why did you see him play a lot then?
      Must've been pretty good if sunderland want to splash that on him
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sir albion View Post
      I know he scored 3 last season if that helps...point is he doesn't fit our system anymore and he's a crock.
      How about you pay for a player as cover for buckley this season?
      Can you spare 10k a week?
      Systems change and we are not blessed with sufficient quality players to get them to adapt to systems that do not suit them. Calderon and Bruno as 'advanced' full backs will not work.

He is not that much of a crock in that he has played 96 times in 3 seasons and was fit to play on Saturday

Son, I do not pay players' wages. I leave that to TB and the club. I just have a view which is different to yours. It happens all the time in football.

I presently have no confidence in us recruiting a suitable replacement so I want us to keep him. It is as simple as that.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lifelong Supporter View Post
      Systems change and we are not blessed with sufficient quality players to get them to adapt to systems that do not suit them. Calderon and Bruno as 'advanced' full backs will not work.

He is not that much of a crock in that he has played 96 times in 3 seasons and was fit to play on Saturday

Son, I do not pay players' wages. I leave that to TB and the club. I just have a view which is different to yours. It happens all the time in football.

I presently have no confidence in us recruiting a suitable replacement so I want us to keep him. It is as simple as that.
      I respect your opinion....the appearance stats are deceptive to say the least as he hardly ever plays 90 mins.
      Agree the recruiting side is nothing but shambolic at the moment and it doesn't look like its going to improve anytime soon.
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Any forwardss we will buy will be ones that have lost their way but are technically good with pace. We cannot afford on form players.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe
      Soonnottoberegular herecomesaregular's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sir albion View Post
      I respect your opinion....the appearance stats are deceptive to say the least as he hardly ever plays 90 mins.
      Agree the recruiting side is nothing but shambolic at the moment and it doesn't look like its going to improve anytime soon.
      really? personally i'm pleased with recent aquisitions of stockdale, hughes, and i thought ogrady did ok with his one chance v sheff w (made the keeper save it). we definitely need more signings and it's frustratingly slow but shambolic? no. also the sale of ulloa was canny not shambolic.

edit- anyway, i'd be sad to see buckley go....... based on some outstanding performances from him... but all some time ago, so sell now please
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bobby baxter View Post
      Buckley and Lua Lua are the only players we have left that have shown they can win games. Why sell players like this to take a punt on an unknown? How much more quality are we going to allow to leave?
      I know what you're saying mate and kind of agree but it seems to me that the heart of what was a very successful team has long since been ripped out and the rebuilding has only just begun.

Buckley and Kaz both have the same problem as far as I can see, they are both wingers in a team that appears to be playing without any, so while both are capable of playing the inside forward role, unfortunately both are also an injury waiting to happen.

For now we have interest in Buckley does it not make sense to get as much as we can and try and use this to rebuild the team into one that can play the new system?

As far as I am aware there has been no interest in kaz as yet, but if there is I would expect him to be allowed to leave to. Its not unusual for a new manager to want to build a team his way, it seems to me like this is happening with our club right now. But I am concerned that we have under 3 weeks left for permanent signings and still a lot of work to do.
      In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?