Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yep all versatile players who can play anywhere in the last 3rd although you wouldn't get adomah for £1 million :)

No, I agree, but that's what 'Boro paid for him, and to be fair he was already a very good Championship winger at that time for Bristol City.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No, I agree, but that's what 'Boro paid for him, and to be fair he was already a very good Championship winger at that time for Bristol City.
Yeah that got a bloody good bargain there....Our scouting network of late seems to be based at old peoples home's,or at the hospital's:lolol:

That odijeyi or whatever his name is at brentford will also be a bargain you watch,super fast and powerful.
According to my bee mate he's never seen such a pacey player and he will get you off your seat,great potential for 750k odd.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Ohhh dear. Buckley is wanted by Premiership clubs to play in the Premiership. We should therefore be looking for a Premiership player with pace who plays wide and can score goals in the Championship. The player needs to cost £2.5 million and fit our wage structure. Who ?

On his day Buckley is Premiership class. That is why he is wanted there.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Ohhh dear. Buckley is wanted by Premiership clubs to play in the Premiership. We should therefore be looking for a Premiership player with pace who plays wide and can score goals in the Championship. The player needs to cost £2.5 million and fit our wage structure. Who ?

Didn't realise buckley scored goals?
We don't need out and out wingers anymore!!!

Next

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

I suppose you missed my post?

We could have got Grabban for £1m. Lee Tomlin for £1.5m. Chris Burke for 500k. All score goals, and on a much more consistent basis than Buckley.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
On his day, he's one of the best players in the league. If he was consistently that good then he'd be up there with Adam Johnson in the "outside chance of an England call-up" group of winger.

However, he's injury prone and sadly his good days are becoming more and more infrequent. With the hit-and-miss LuaLua, the impressive looking March & the young, raw Fenelon I don't think we can carry another winger who will go months without a telling contribution. £2,500,000+ is good business, especially if the funds allow us to bring in another, more well-rounded wide player (a-la Orlandi MK2). He'll always be an Albion legend, for that performance v Doncaster but we can't let fond memories get in the way of what sounds like a good deal for all parties.

:bowdown:

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I suppose you missed my post?

We could have got Grabban for £1m. Lee Tomlin for £1.5m. Chris Burke for 500k. All score goals, and on a much more consistent basis than Buckley.

Buckley is one of the two players we have left that we know has the ability to win games, it appears many contributors believe that he's a spent force at 24, Gus disagrees, I know whose opinion I would take.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I dont rate Buckley but could be wrong, after all prem want him not rochdale. What worries me is why we are havig a fire sale of players at the start of a season?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Buckley scores, that is why he is on the way to the Premiership. 19 in 96 games for Brighton. That is one in five, not bad for a winger. How come you missed them. How many did you think he had scored ?
I know he scored 3 last season if that helps...point is he doesn't fit our system anymore and he's a crock.
How about you pay for a player as cover for buckley this season?
Can you spare 10k a week?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If he goes there can't be many of Gus old team to dismantle, sadly the replacements are somewhat wanting. He could spot a player though and we are missing that at the present time

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I know he scored 3 last season if that helps...point is he doesn't fit our system anymore and he's a crock.
How about you pay for a player as cover for buckley this season?
Can you spare 10k a week?

Systems change and we are not blessed with sufficient quality players to get them to adapt to systems that do not suit them. Calderon and Bruno as 'advanced' full backs will not work.

He is not that much of a crock in that he has played 96 times in 3 seasons and was fit to play on Saturday

Son, I do not pay players' wages. I leave that to TB and the club. I just have a view which is different to yours. It happens all the time in football.

I presently have no confidence in us recruiting a suitable replacement so I want us to keep him. It is as simple as that.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Systems change and we are not blessed with sufficient quality players to get them to adapt to systems that do not suit them. Calderon and Bruno as 'advanced' full backs will not work.

He is not that much of a crock in that he has played 96 times in 3 seasons and was fit to play on Saturday

Son, I do not pay players' wages. I leave that to TB and the club. I just have a view which is different to yours. It happens all the time in football.

I presently have no confidence in us recruiting a suitable replacement so I want us to keep him. It is as simple as that.
I respect your opinion....the appearance stats are deceptive to say the least as he hardly ever plays 90 mins.
Agree the recruiting side is nothing but shambolic at the moment and it doesn't look like its going to improve anytime soon.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Any forwardss we will buy will be ones that have lost their way but are technically good with pace. We cannot afford on form players.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I respect your opinion....the appearance stats are deceptive to say the least as he hardly ever plays 90 mins.
Agree the recruiting side is nothing but shambolic at the moment and it doesn't look like its going to improve anytime soon.

really? personally i'm pleased with recent aquisitions of stockdale, hughes, and i thought ogrady did ok with his one chance v sheff w (made the keeper save it). we definitely need more signings and it's frustratingly slow but shambolic? no. also the sale of ulloa was canny not shambolic.

edit- anyway, i'd be sad to see buckley go....... based on some outstanding performances from him... but all some time ago, so sell now please

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Buckley and Lua Lua are the only players we have left that have shown they can win games. Why sell players like this to take a punt on an unknown? How much more quality are we going to allow to leave?

I know what you're saying mate and kind of agree but it seems to me that the heart of what was a very successful team has long since been ripped out and the rebuilding has only just begun.

Buckley and Kaz both have the same problem as far as I can see, they are both wingers in a team that appears to be playing without any, so while both are capable of playing the inside forward role, unfortunately both are also an injury waiting to happen.

For now we have interest in Buckley does it not make sense to get as much as we can and try and use this to rebuild the team into one that can play the new system?

As far as I am aware there has been no interest in kaz as yet, but if there is I would expect him to be allowed to leave to. Its not unusual for a new manager to want to build a team his way, it seems to me like this is happening with our club right now. But I am concerned that we have under 3 weeks left for permanent signings and still a lot of work to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here