Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're on the right path.....

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Wolves caused Norwich plenty of problems all afternoon crowd got behind their team and had plenty to cheer about. Does championship football require complicated formations? does it fu*k.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Surely you only need to be concerned right now. Once the transfer window has shut and we're no stronger then we can all worry together.

I take it you didn't watch our game then as we definitely weren't a country mile weaker than Sheffield Wednesday

The last quarter hour after the O'Grady chance was concerning though - couldn't lay a glove on them as they stroked the ball around. Not good

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No need to seriously panic until September 1st if we haven't signed any players by then.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The last quarter hour after the O'Grady chance was concerning though - couldn't lay a glove on them as they stroked the ball around. Not good

They had an extra man and we were chasing the game. Fact is they had one chance all match and scored a very good goal but he could hit that 20 times and not score again (and they only got that because the very weak referee told them to take it from the right place and then let them get on with it anyway). We definitely weren't a country mile behind them. For the OP to say that is ridiculous, although given how negative they are, not unexpected.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I take it you didn't watch our game then as we definitely weren't a country mile weaker than Sheffield Wednesday

I was there; and I didn't really think Sheff Weds ever got out of first gear. Yet I still thought they looked a lot better than us.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was there; and I didn't really think Sheff Weds ever got out of first gear. Yet I still thought they looked a lot better than us.

We're going to have to disagree on this. I think your view is tainted by your negativity. We were poor, Wednesday were worst. They had no ambition. Scored a freak goal and had no other shots on target, even against 10 men for a lot of the game.

I'm not saying we were good yesterday. But to say we were a lot worst than Wednesday is a joke in my view.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We have team as good as Wolves at the moment if not better yet they played like they wanted to win.

Do you really believe that? In terms of attacking intent, passion and commitment I thought Wolves were way better than us. Each to their own view I guess.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We're going to have to disagree on this. I think your view is tainted by your negativity. We were poor, Wednesday were worst. They had no ambition. Scored a freak goal and had no other shots on target, even against 10 men for a lot of the game.

I'm not saying we were good yesterday. But to say we were a lot worst than Wednesday is a joke in my view.

Agreed. However poor we were yesterday there is no way a neutral observer would say Sheff Wed were "a lot better than us". No way at all.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Do you really believe that? In terms of attacking intent, passion and commitment I thought Wolves were way better than us. Each to their own view I guess.
You misunderstood me, if we had adopted the same formation as Wolves we would of done a lot better than we did. Macca up front Kaz roaming like Sako Buckley on the wing for example would have been almost identical to the Wolves attack.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I saw enough yesterday to suggest we could be a good side if the board actually back Hyypia with some quality signings.

I agree. Really was little between the sides although I thought Wednesday were poor and couldn't make their extra man count till the last ten.
There was a game plan, just not sure we have the players to carry it out but a couple of new faces would change everything.

They had an extra man and we were chasing the game. Fact is they had one chance all match and scored a very good goal but he could hit that 20 times and not score again (and they only got that because the very weak referee told them to take it from the right place and then let them get on with it anyway). We definitely weren't a country mile behind them. For the OP to say that is ridiculous, although given how negative they are, not unexpected.

They only had one chance because they weren't particularly bothered about creating any more, such was their belief that we could not hurt them. It's still concerning if we are a country 100 yards behind them - it's hard to disagree with Gray's assessment that they controlled the game. That they sat back so much in the second half should have allowed us to pare the effect of the man advantage - but I was disappointed that we made such a below par job of creating more chances like the O'Grady one - particularly towards the end when they should have been feeling more nerves. True, we are not a country mile behind them but that for me is not a consolation in the circumstances.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here