Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can we make Falmer louder?

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
1. Rail seats.
2. Sack stewards.
3. Cheaper, stronger beer.
4. Try and have a higher percentage of diehard fans. (Clubs like Forrest, Derby and even l**ds have a quite a high percentage of diehard fans who got more into it when they're at their best like going to away days and more singing. I think a 12th man at Falmer is very important)

Discuss.

[EDIT: 2 was a joke. 4 was a stretch but I think they're is some truth to it tbh.]

Last edited:

DNB_Seagull

Apr 27, 2014
Too often we are outsung in our own back yard. We have great acoustics as well. Need to use em.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
From the WSL:

1st season: The North Stand used to lead it and most of us would follow.
2nd season: North Stand still pretty loud, WSU pretty good too. WSL daytrippers. East Stand very quiet.
Last season: North stand had South Stand to sing with, and eventually the South stand were louder. WSLibrary took effect. Some of East stand tried to get the party started. North stand effectively got quieter throughout the season.
Yesterday: I barely heard the North Stand, and the loud corner of the South Stand seem to have moved. It was dead yesterday, apart from WSU having a go.

Hopefully a win, a few signings, people coming back from holiday, and maybe a goal will get the Amex rocking again. It's a special place to be when it is.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I know we've all been here before but this is a good question. For whatever reason, most of us at Falmer are pretty quiet but when the Amex starts rocking, normally after a dodgy refereeing decision it's a great venue. So leaving aside recriminations and keeping it realistic is there anything we can do because it really would make a difference. Some will say the team have to provide the motivation but it would be great if we could make it a really intimidating place. Personally I suspect we're just not the most vocal or enthusiastic fans and never have been but it would be interesting if anyone has any sensible suggestions.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
1. Rail seats. Never going to happen
2. Sack stewards. Great idea, let everybody do exactly as they please
3. Cheaper, stronger beer. Another great idea, let everybody do exactly as they like WHILST getting shitfaced!
4. Try and have a higher percentage of diehard fans. (Clubs like Forrest, Derby and even l**ds have a quite a high percentage of diehard fans who got more into it when they're at their best like going to away days and more singing. I think a 12th man at Falmer is very important) You do realise that you cant just create die hard support? It has to evolve over a number of years, Archer and co robbed us of a those. The hard core will grow but we're a lifetime behind most of the better supported clubs at the moment.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
1. Rail seats.
2. Sack stewards.
4. Try and have a higher percentage of diehard fans. (Clubs like Forrest, Derby and even l**ds have a quite a high percentage of diehard fans who got more into it when they're at their best like going to away days and more singing. I think a 12th man at Falmer is very important)

Discuss.

WSU to join in the singing, even maybe start the odd song. Currently they're as library-quiet as that horrible stand of the same name at the Goldstone.

D

Deleted member 22389

Probably going to get all sort of negative comments for saying it, think we miss a drum, horn anything to add to the singing, get it going.
It did feel a bit dead yesterday. Sheff Wed where loud, credit to them.

This is how it should be done

And I do remember the North Stand at the Goldestone being a lot louder than what we are doing now.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Can you explain point 4 please?

Are there different application forms?
1) Diehards only - 50 years man and boy (and woman/girl of course)
2) Sort of diehards, been mostly over 40 years
3) Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean, Hereford, Newcastle, Highbury, Wembley etc
4) Last 20 years....

I could go on.

DNB_Seagull

Apr 27, 2014
Can you explain point 4 please?

Are there different application forms?
1) Diehards only - 50 years man and boy (and woman/girl of course)
2) Sort of diehards, been mostly over 40 years
3) Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean, Hereford, Newcastle, Highbury, Wembley etc

4) Last 20 years....

I could go on.

It was a stretch to try and get 5 but I couldn't not really sure. People who would still be going if we went to league 2 and below and sing alot. Not really sure now.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's true. Some of the loudest times at the Amex was to the tune of "Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, Vicente, Vicente"

Something tells me that we're not going to feel that kind of excitement with bloody O'Grady and co.

But this is something we have no control over so. It would help certain players if the crowd could actually boost their confidence rather than just whining.
The only thing I can think of was if the north stand was made non-allocated seating so like-minded people could get together but this will never happen a) for club safety reasons and b) for those who already have season tickets in their preferred seating.
It can't be beyond us to come up with a few viable suggestions although I'm struggling.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
1. Rail seats.
2. Sack stewards.

Discuss.

[EDIT: 2 was a joke. 4 was a stretch but I think they're is some truth to it tbh.]

Just sing our hearts out on Tuesday. A good start Shirley.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I know we've all been here before but this is a good question. For whatever reason, most of us at Falmer are pretty quiet but when the Amex starts rocking, normally after a dodgy refereeing decision it's a great venue. So leaving aside recriminations and keeping it realistic is there anything we can do because it really would make a difference. Some will say the team have to provide the motivation but it would be great if we could make it a really intimidating place. Personally I suspect we're just not the most vocal or enthusiastic fans and never have been but it would be interesting if anyone has any sensible suggestions.

If only there was a way to collate all the people who wanted to sing, those who would like to sing but don't because nobody else around them does etc, and move them all into one area.

I would bet then the noise would 'lead' the WS & the ES to join in. The problem as I see it is that most of noise merchants are too spread out (or maybe we are just too few?)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here