Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood to Wolves?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
For around 2.5million is the fee reported on Foxestalk, absolute scandal that we've not considered a bid (maybe we have), but that's very affordable and imo a good replacement for Ulloa for a percentage of the 8 million. Another good striker going elsewhere...

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Wages may have been a stumbling block, I'm guessing he was on a fair wedge at Leicester and presumably would have moved for a pay rise.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Wages may have been a stumbling block, I'm guessing he was on a fair wedge at Leicester and presumably would have moved for a pay rise.

So how come we have a problem matching what Wolves will pay? They only just came up from League One. We certainly should have looked at him ... unless of course we have someone much better on the radar ... I certainly hope so.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
As we've missed out on the strikers worth having (fryatt, Wilson, le fondre etc). Chris Wood is arguably the best option out there that is actually realistic. I'd be annoyed if we are not involved coz O'Grady didn't cut it yesterday. Might have been ok but his 2nd touch always seemed to be a tackle after a bad first touch.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So how come we have a problem matching what Wolves will pay? They only just came up from League One. We certainly should have looked at him ... unless of course we have someone much better on the radar ... I certainly hope so.

So how come you think we have a problem matching Wolves? Woods is not that good, we can do a t better, but i suppose this will go down as another one that Burke has missed cos we won't pay the going rate, or we have no ambition, or Barber is hoarding all Tony Blooms money,or he doesn't want to move down south , or his Mother was rogered by drunken Albion fan, who then ran off with the family fortune never to be seen again, and he bares a grudge.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
So how come you think we have a problem matching Wolves? Woods is not that good, we can do a t better, but i suppose this will go down as another one that Burke has missed cos we won't pay the going rate, or we have no ambition, or Barber is hoarding all Tony Blooms money,or he doesn't want to move down south , or his Mother was rogered by drunken Albion fan, who then ran off with the family fortune never to be seen again, and he bares a grudge.

If we can do a lot better, who would suggest as a realistic target this transfer window????

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Wolves are still getting parachute payments and pretty impressive crowds, they are rumoured to have left 170k's worth of wages out of the squad today so I think they can compete with us. That said I'd be pretty underwhelmed if he was an Ulloa replacement.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
So how come we have a problem matching what Wolves will pay? They only just came up from League One.

Came up from league 1 but still receiving parachute money, work it out from that.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Forest don't seem bothered by FFP. Well maybe for 1 day when they sold 2 young talents to bak the cash. Next day they've spent all £7m on Antonio and P'Boro striker. Not everyone is taking FFP seriously. Surely we could offer Ward an extra £3k per week (minimal transfer anyway) and use some of Ulloa funds for a replacement.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If we can do a lot better, who would suggest as a realistic target this transfer window????

I have absolutely no idea, but then again , I wouldn't be happy if we spunked 2.5 mill on Woods, plus about 20 grand a week on wages. There must be better out there than that for less money, but like everyone else on here, i don't know who we will get in, if anybody. My point was really, we the fans, see a player in the position we need to strengthen, go to another rival club, and automatically think our club should sign him, no matter what the players requirements are. I doubt if one person on here has ever been a part of negotiations to bring a player into a clubbut the way some talk, its the easiest thing in the world, only a complete buffoon, would screwed it up. A few years back, I would have loved it had we signed Ross McCormack, but it never happened, I don't then turn on the club for having no ambition etc, I accept it was a rumour that I had heard that was wrong, and move on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Wolves still have 2 seasons remaining of parachute payments , they've got an extra £9M this year and next over and above our budget.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
because like most clubs in this division they can pay more wages,we have a ceiling and thats that

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

we haven't signed Ward, that is an indication that we can't match Wolves' pay.....

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
90% moaned about him when he was here because they had him down as a Prem/International striker.

Some of us said we could do far worse than a top end of Champ player though. Glad to see him continuing to do well

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As we've missed out on the strikers worth having (fryatt, Wilson, le fondre etc). Chris Wood is arguably the best option out there that is actually realistic. I'd be annoyed if we are not involved coz O'Grady didn't cut it yesterday. Might have been ok but his 2nd touch always seemed to be a tackle after a bad first touch.
Not with you on Le Fondre hardly ever scores when he plays 90 mins.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here