Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why didn't we take the second half corner?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We should have taken the frackin corner.

Wednesday :lol: lump goes to ground, the ref waves play on, they panic and kick the ball out.

PLAY TO THE BLOODY WHISTLE.

As unlikely as it would have been had we scored, then what?
It wasn't a foul, there was nothing wrong with the bloke, and we needed something/anything.

Bruno and Buckley were keen to take it, but KLL insisted WB kicked it out.

Ironically when Kaz was lying on the ground 5 minutes later, we carried on without him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seemed fair enough to me. Wednesday kicked the ball out due to an injury. We gave them the ball back. That's how it works, and who knows when you'll next be on the receiving end of such a favour. It's personal insurance at best, or maybe just Men Behaving Decently.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sportsmanship?

Clearly there is a place for it, but its all becoming a bit sickly for me.

Cramp is just an excuse to the delay the game..... Should have taken a competitive corner.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They kicked it out to cheat - not cos they were worried about their player. We should've played them at own game in this instance & taken corner imo

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The ref had words with Buckley and Bruno the latter of which looks unhappy at what the ref was saying. Seemed to me Bruno wanted to takes it and ref said no. That was my view from the North Stand anyway

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he actually had cramp he wouldn't have played another 20 minutes of football.
It was just a convenient excuse for not getting the original decision.

The ref seemed pretty noncommittal and shrugtastic to me.
KLL definitely lead the decision to kick the ball out.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Seemed fair enough to me. Wednesday kicked the ball out due to an injury. We gave them the ball back. That's how it works, and who knows when you'll next be on the receiving end of such a favour. It's personal insurance at best, or maybe just Men Behaving Decently.

No its f**king not. You play to the whistle. The ref decides to stop the game. All this feigning injury crap gets on my tits. Lua Lua wasn't hurt, he laid realized no one was paying him any attention got up and ran off.

About time it stopped. Get on with the game you tarts. Especially tarts like Buckley.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
wednesday pissed about with the ball and only put it out due to being pressurised, if they could have cleared it and created an attack they would have regardless of the play acting **** on the floor. Should have taken a proper corner

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The ref had words with Buckley and Bruno the latter of which looks unhappy at what the ref was saying. Seemed to me Bruno wanted to takes it and ref said no. That was my view from the North Stand anyway

Though if the ball is in play, which technically it would have been and we haven't done anything wrong in terms of the laws of the game, can he tell us what to do?

If we had said "sorry ref, we're taking it," what action could he have taken?

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Though if the ball is in play, which technically it would have been and we haven't done anything wrong in terms of the laws of the game, can he tell us what to do?

Given them a fictitious penalty. The ref was the first of many complete plonkers in black we are liable to see at the Amex this season. How can a tackle from behind only result in a lecture

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Given them a fictitious penalty. The ref was the first of many complete plonkers in black we are liable to see at the Amex this season. How can a tackle from behind only result in a lecture

Agreed, although just after the sending off Greer almost performed an Ouchi Gari and got away with it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Exactly the ref can't make it up as he goes along. If he thought the injury needed attention he stops the game. Even then the dropball should be competed for.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
wednesday pissed about with the ball and only put it out due to being pressurised, if they could have cleared it and created an attack they would have regardless of the play acting **** on the floor. Should have taken a proper corner

Exactly, if they were concerned about the injury it would have been smacked straight out rather than piss about and wait for Buckley to press before putting it out. Should have played on/taken the corner.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only plus was that at least we kicked it over for a throw in down in the corner which is what I think should always happen rather than give it to the keeper.

theboybilly

Wednesday, although nowhere near as bad as last season, were using every trick in the book to disrupt the game from flowing. I hope they get drawn into a relegation battle and the opposition on the final day takes the lead and then sees out the match in the same way.
Would I laugh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here