Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Opening day of season disappointments

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
I know its a bit negative but yesterday got me thinking back to other opening day disappointments down the years.
For me in 1991 having just missing out in the play off final to Notts County a couple of months earlier, we were tipped as one of the favourites for promotion to the old First Division. However hopes were shattered as newly promoted Tranmere came to the Goldstone, and inflicted a 2-0 home defeat on us with John Aldridge running poor old Stefan Ioven ragged. This game also saw those terrible stripy shorts worn for the first time.:facepalm:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
remember losing to Bradford 3-1 at home,some of their lads popped out of the west stand terrace half way through the game

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I know its a bit negative but yesterday got me thinking back to other opening day disappointments down the years.
For me in 1991 having just missing out in the play off final to Notts County a couple of months earlier, we were tipped as one of the favourites for promotion to the old First Division. However hopes were shattered as newly promoted Tranmere came to the Goldstone, and inflicted a 2-0 home defeat on us with John Aldridge running poor old Stefan Ioven ragged. This game also saw those terrible stripy shorts worn for the first time.:facepalm:

The season before that we lost nearly all our pre-season games and got to the playoffs, that season we won them all and got relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here