Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ffp explained

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
So basically if you make a loss bought players to get to the prem and made it you get a fine

or if you made a loss and bought players and failed you get a transfer embargo starting JAN 15 and ending when you can prove you got the wage bill back down.

Bearing this will all relate to the season before I can't see how an owner with loads of money will worry.

Sure he has to put his hand in his own pocket but if you are that rich it won't worry you unless the losses are really massive.

Any club without rich owners will go bust and so will clubs with rich owners who pull out which is a far worse punishment than the transfer embargo which would happen with or without FFP

Based on what going on with us it seems that despite having a new state of the art ground, record crowds big commercial sponsors, high season ticket, food and drink prices etc we still don't generate enough money to stay within FFP and if we do we won't have a squad to compete in the championship.

It would be better to make FFP about wages and agents fees rather than how much an owner has put in

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
It will be interesting to see exactly how hard they come down on clubs that fail, clearly some owners are not in the slightest bit bothered....

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It will be interesting to see exactly how hard they come down on clubs that fail, clearly some owners are not in the slightest bit bothered....

Like Tony Fernandes last season who said that he did care about FFP and, if QPR didn't go up, he'd fight the FA decision in court. I'm happy having a financially secure club - very happy indeed, considering our previous problems BUT I'm only happy if everyone else is playing fair too. If other clubs are flouting the regulations (and getting promoted because of it) it doesn't do us any good to be sitting at the bottom of the league with a smug self satisfied smile on our faces saying "We complied with FFP". My idea (and I agree this is probably a very simplistic view of things) is that, every million pounds over the permitted debt should mean the deduction of a point so if Forest, for example, were £14M over their debt they would be deducted 14 points. This should be done during the season so that it affects the clubs during that season.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

The fines and penalties are all listed - they are not going to come down hard on anyone other than whats listed.

The fine goes to charity - The transfer ban only lasts till they show they can pay the players they have at that point their wages.

Its not a prison sentence or their goods and chattels going to their opponents they will get.

There isn't a prize for complying either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here