Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ogrady-09aug14-ld229-1816636_478x359.jpg

Chris O'Grady
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 10th August 2014
by Mollie Bennett
We are building and apart from the goal we conceded today, I think we can be proud of how we played."
Chris O'Grady

New-boy Chris O’Grady admitted he thought he had opened his Albion account against Sheffield Wednesday yesterday, only to be denied by a wonder save from keeper Kieren Westwood.
The striker saw a close-range effort brilliantly saved by Westwood late in the game, as the Seagulls were pressing for an equalizer.
He revealed, "I thought I'd scored. It happened very quickly but I thought I had done all the right things."I stayed calm and put it in the corner, but he got his hand to it and tipped it round the post."
O'Grady was handed his first competitive start at the Amex and the former Wednesday forward felt there were positives to take from the game.
"The new manager has just come in and we have only had a month to gel and get playing the way we want to.
"We are building and apart from the goal we conceded today, I think we can be proud of how we played."
The 28-year-old led a new look Brighton front line with familiar face Kazenga LuaLua and academy graduate Shamir Fenelon.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Albion created chances throughout the game but lacked a crucial cutting edge in front of goal.
"The hard work allows you to get into those positions and have the chances, it is just sad that it didn't go in today.
"It was tough because they had the extra man. Once they got the ball it was easy for them to pick the spare man out and counter attack. We kept going, but it wasn't quite meant to be.
"The red card was slightly harsh. It was his only tackle of the game and I don’t think it was worthy of a red card.
"There is plenty of time to go. It is only the first game and there is no point being down about it. We could have won that first game and you can’t get too high about that either.
"There is more to see and that’s what it is all about, building and learning new things."
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V CHELTENHAM[/h] TUESDAY 12TH AUGUST, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOLTON[/h] SATURDAY 23RD AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v CHARLTON[/h] SATURDAY 30TH AUGUST, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here