Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fourth season and transport, catering issues are still not sorted!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yes, of course they should be better.

Unfortunately the transport issues will not be sorted until there is an attitude (and personnel) change at the club.

They send out a travel survey, yet have failed to make any changes, some of which are very simple and would be easy to implement.

I was told there would be a working party during the summer, to include people travelling by all the different methods. Yet nothing was organised.

I hate seeing so many early leavers, but until the club address the issues, nothing will change.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Transport issues ?

I left 1 minute before the end of injury time (well, FLOUNCED if I'm honest, after Agustiens umpteenth pass to a yellow shirt). Got on the 5.06 from Falmer station, and was in back in Portslade just after 5.30.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Transport issues ?

I left 1 minute before the end of injury time (well, FLOUNCED if I'm honest, after Agustiens umpteenth pass to a yellow shirt). Got on the 5.06 from Falmer station, and was in back in Portslade just after 5.30.

Not everyone can travel by train.

If they're aren't any transport issues, why is the ground half empty at full time?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not everyone can travel by train.

If they're aren't any transport issues, why is the ground half empty at full time?

Something to do with the crap on the pitch, perhaps.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Jumped straight on a train to the ground at about 2.15 yesterday & queued for 5 minutes tops for a train back at around 5.15 after a drink in the concourse. Appreciate not everybody can travel by train to the stadium but this is certainly the easiest method. Compared to other stadia such as Bolton (for public transport) we have it much better..

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Disagree, fans have been leaving early since the Amex opened, regardless of the score/performance.

I refer the honourable gentlemen to answer I gave some moments ago. haha

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Transport issues ?

Transport was a big plus yesterday at least at the club's end. Coming over from Portslade was distinctly cattle-truck like, as Southern suffered a broken down train (aka maintenance staff knocked off early due to the weekend) at Angmering. However the new system at Brighton looked good and I was still at the Amex in time to get in the Sports Bar without queuing. Going home we left on the final whistle (my 7 year old will NOT leave early because the game isn't over, good lad), had a pint and a moan in the WSL, jumped on the 5.38, home munching a consolation KFC at 6.30.

The Sports Bar was an eye opener though. Considering it's a family bar allowing real glasses, in the course of one pint I saw:

Warm lager being poured in to warm glasses
Warm lager being poured in to dirty glasses
Wrong orders being poured in to the few remaining glasses
A bottle of cider poured so it was all head and no drink (no narfing please).

And 4 beers for £16 isn't a "deal" anywhere else except West End nightclubs.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Stadium lovely but should the operations side be smoother now or is this the best we can hope for????

Had no problems with catering, pie and pint, left after the final whistle, strolled back to Bridge car park, drove 100 miles and in my local, pint in hand, at 1915.

No complaints.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
No problem noted here in the North East Corner in regards catering, was efficient and swift. Always normally suffers abit as new staff are drafted for start of season.

Thought the bridge car park was well managed too - left on final whistle. Except for the elderly gentleman trying to drive up through the tunnel through mine and 4 other cars - had to be told numerous times to move but well managed by the stewards

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
My only criticism is that the mobile vendors in the North Stand all ran out, why not overstock them they are plastic bottles and could be reused for the next game if not sold. People were queuing up to hand over their money it seems shortsighted to me, they must have lost a lot of revenue and this could easily be rectified.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Transport - for me this gets better and better. The Seagulls Travel buses work brilliantly and time spent in an A27 jam before games has almost disappeared.

Ticketing - a joke. This week, we spent several telephone calls and Amex visits trying to a get an U16 card upgraded to an adult's for S.Weds. A simple procedure, with the club mostly getting right in previous seasons. We finally did this over the phone Friday am.

But the card was rejected by the 'turnstile' yesterday at 14.30, so we joined a slow queue of c.200 others at the makeshift ticket office. Apparently many others had suffered similar club cock-ups. We missed the first 10 minutes of the game.

My point in that the club had all Summer to iron out teething / new technology problems. I have no systems interest or knowledge, but would have thought in that industry, dummy runs would be carried out many weeks before to check it all worked come the first match.

Ps there was one bonus of missing the start - we avoided the nauseating tones of Richard Reynolds pre-match!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why can't everyone use the train and buses/coaches?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why can't everyone use the train and buses?
That's not the point. You should be able to use any form of transport getting to the stadium. without grief.

I thought the trains were good yesterday. No complaints. Don't buy food at the Amex and so can't comment on that but queues looked big as usual.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That's not the point. You should be able to use any form of transport getting to the stadium. without grief.

Name a ground that does with similar crowds.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
I normally use the Seagulls Travel coach but had to get the train back to Brighton straight after the game for the first time ever yesterday. I was expecting a long wait and carnage at Falmer station after reading everything on here for the last three years. I stayed until the end of the game, went to the toilet, strolled to the station, had a short wait and was on a train by 5.15 or so. Problems? What problems?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Name a ground that does with similar crowds.
That wasn't what you were applying. You asked why can't everyone use the trains and Buses. If people want to use other methods like cars then it shouldn't be held against them like the way you come across.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Arrived yesterday and got in line for a Pie and Pint, first place had no draught lager so i moved to another location. second place, in line for 15 minutes get served, lager but no pies, not one single pie!!! it's the first day of the season and by 2:30 they had no pies. Don't get me started with transport......................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here