Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarity Within the Insanity?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I didn’t make it yesterday; in spite of my best efforts I couldn’t locate my flower power flares, thus and alas my journey did not get beyond the door to my sprawling imagination.

And so the insanity has begun: when we suffer at the cruel hands and jaws of defeat the reaction herein seems to put it mildly - myopic. The lack of perspective is now seemingly limitless and boundless, with several contributors impervious to the reason as if adorned in raiment’s of crystal pretension reflecting the sane opinion of one and all.

I realise this is a new world, an impatient childlike tantrum throwing, road raging, red faced spittle churning, angry, frustrated, over populated and over opinionated one at that, but is now the time for any kind of informed debate? 1 hour and a further half in and it has come to this. The result was a saddening one, the reaction to it far, far worse and yet more predictable.

The problem is, I now fear, that a significant proportion of you can no longer handle defeat with any kind of decorum, and that is the saddest thing of all. The personal attacks begin asunder, the thunderous downpour of pointless arguments persist and you lose the spark. The fire goes out, the love wanes the let’s do the garden and forget about it all begins. Suddenly you’re 60, nearer death than life and you realise you just don’t care anymore. The tide has finally eroded me, my sharp edges are gone and I’m just a pebble in the sands at the mercy of the waters. Hither I lie and wait as the seas creep closer and push me in directions I can no longer hope to fight.

I am utterly vanquished.

I hear you, have you heard yourselves?

All the best,

Kosh

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
I didn’t make it yesterday; in spite of my best efforts I couldn’t locate my flower power flares, thus and alas my journey did not get beyond the door to my sprawling imagination.

And so the insanity has begun: when we suffer at the cruel hands and jaws of defeat the reaction herein seems to put it mildly - myopic. The lack of perspective is now seemingly limitless and boundless, with several contributors impervious to the reason as if adorned in raiment’s of crystal pretension reflecting the sane opinion of one and all.

I realise this is a new world, an impatient childlike tantrum throwing, road raging, red faced spittle churning, angry, frustrated, over populated and over opinionated one at that, but is now the time for any kind of informed debate? 1 hour and a further half in and it has come to this. The result was a saddening one, the reaction to it far, far worse and yet more predictable.

The problem is, I now fear, that a significant proportion of you can no longer handle defeat with any kind of decorum, and that is the saddest thing of all. The personal attacks begin asunder, the thunderous downpour of pointless arguments persist and you lose the spark. The fire goes out, the love wanes the let’s do the garden and forget about it all begins. Suddenly you’re 60, nearer death than life and you realise you just don’t care anymore. The tide has finally eroded me, my sharp edges are gone and I’m just a pebble in the sands at the mercy of the waters. Hither I lie and wait as the seas creep closer and push me in directions I can no longer hope to fight.

I am utterly vanquished.

I hear you, have you heard yourselves?

All the best,

Kosh

Beautiful just beautiful I've now wet my bed:thumbsup:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Not as poetic as the o/p, but similar in spirit.
Back in the bad old days at Withdean, we took defeat on the chin and kept singing, because we were just glad to have a team to follow. I know the club has moved on & expectations can be higher, but too many fans demand victory all the time.

Who ever promised us promotion , last year or this?

NB. I lived in Leicester in the years they moved from Filbert Street and watched them descend into financial ruin, now owned by Thai businessmen . Albion have invested in the Amex and super new training facilities, it has to be paid for. I do not want them to make the same mistakes as Leicester.. Be patient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here