Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Robins - first managerial casualty of the season

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mark Robins has today left his role as Manager of Huddersfield Town.

Following yesterday’s first day defeat, Mark met with the Board of Directors. At the conclusion of the meeting, Mark and the Directors all agreed it would be in the interests of all parties to part company.

Accordingly, Mark’s contract has ended amicably and by mutual consent.

Huddersfield Town Chairman Dean Hoyle commented:

"Mark has put his all into the job over the past 16 months and has made a big contribution to the Club.

“He arrived at the Club at a difficult time and immediately impacted to keep us in the Championship.

“Mark’s approach to this has been refreshing. He has always put the Club before himself and worked tirelessly on the training ground to change our way of playing and we have seen that come to fruition.

“Mark will be someone that I personally, and we as a Club, will always remain in contact with.”

Huddersfield Town would like to place on record it's thanks to Mark and wish him all the best for the future.

Assistant Manager Steve Thompson and First Team Coach Steve Eyre will take charge of training today, assisted by the existing First Team technical staff.

Further details of interim management arrangements will be made in due course.

Read more at http://www.htafc.com/news/article/first-team-news-robins-statement-1817538.aspx#UxyU0QfxTrrkcyzF.99

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
After just one game?

Absolutely ridiculous.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
That's 3 times today.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Crazy! 1 game!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Crazy! 1 game!
It seems for us 'have not's' the season doesn't actually start until 02.09.

Might as well sack him now instead of feeling duty bound to keep him till Christmas.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
That's the reality of the modern game. One awful result at the start of the season and you're out.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've got a hangover. I'm going to have a fry-up amicably and by mutual consent.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I went to the HUddersfield Bournemouth match yesterday and Huddersfield were truly dreadful not sure how a new manager will shake that up. They were booed of the pitch at the end. Town fans in uproar at lack of signings and they want to know where the Jordan Rhodes money has gone - Long hard season ahead for them i think.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I went to the HUddersfield Bournemouth match yesterday and Huddersfield were truly dreadful not sure how a new manager will shake that up. They were booed of the pitch at the end. Town fans in uproar at lack of signings and they want to know where the Jordan Rhodes money has gone - Long hard season ahead for them i think.

What other club does this remind you of?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here