Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old sofa too large to exit lounge - sensible solutions please

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Without being there it is difficult to suggest but I have removed a window to do this before though it was one large window which was handy.

If that is not really a viable solution and if the legs are the problem, you can saw them off. If you cut all four of them off neatly, when they are re-attached it will look like the sofa was built with attachable legs.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Nonsense. You can take out a sash window and get it back in again in half an hour or less. Bit of touching up required where you ping out the staff bead though.

So what about the sash weights?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thanks for the helpful comments, as well as the wise-cracks.

The window is a rather large upvc bay window, from a good manufacturer and well fitted. Not sure we want to the cost and hassle of taking it out all for a sofa!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks for the helpful comments, as well as the wise-cracks.

The window is a rather large upvc bay window, from a good manufacturer and well fitted. Not sure we want to the cost and hassle of taking it out all for a sofa!

Would it be an option to remove a few tiles and to get it through the roof then ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
When buying new sofa, ask them to take the old one away. Sorted, it's now the delivery men's problem.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
turn it over and see if its bolted together. you'll find alot of sofas aren't small enough to get through a typical door, and they've thought of this, with the arms, backs and base being seperate.

Are you sure the arms of the sofa can't be removed? The reason I say this is we recently bought a new sofa and I was a bit worried the delivery men wouldn't be able to get it in the lounge. When it arrived it was assembled in situ. So maybe yours does the same.?

These. Been there, done that. The sofa still lives on at the in-laws, and is still on of the most comfortable I've ever sat on...

Good luck :thumbsup:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Just a word of warning if you're thinking of donating the old sofa (when you get it out) - they wont take it without the "fireproof" labels being in place - there may be the same restriction if you're selling (I don't know).

We recently had 2 lovely old leather sofas to donate (ironically we could only get them out of the house because we were having new windows installed) and when the Charity people came to collect them they wouldn't take them because the labels were missing - so I ended up scrapping them!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Move house and sell to the new buyers

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here