Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If CMS, March and Buckley all start on Tuesday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be the second little alarm bell ringing in the back of my head, this season.

The first one began a distance chime when yesterday's team was announced.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It'll be the second little alarm bell ringing in the back of my head, this season.

The first one began a distance chime when yesterday's team was announced.

March had a back injury, failed a late fitness test otherwise he would have played, apparently.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because my first thought when the team was announced yesterday was 'wheel loose'.
I wouldn't have thought that had at least 2 of the 3 in question been named instead of CoG, Shamir or JFC (not that JFC did that much wrong). There is no hindsight in that comment.

My concern would be if we ended up playing a considerably stronger side v Cheltenham than Wednesday :lol:

I didn't know March was injured, that's the first I've heard of that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Because my first thought when the team was announced yesterday was 'wheel loose'.
I wouldn't have thought that had at least 2 of the 3 in question been named instead of CoG, Shamir or JFC (not that JFC did that much wrong). There is no hindsight in that comment.

My concern would be if we ended up playing a considerably stronger side v Cheltenham than Wednesday :lol:

You must be ****ing joking. His passing was one of the lowlights in a mediocre performance by a woefully under-strength team against p1ss-poor opposition.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Naylor tweeted pre match he was injured, and then tweeted post match quoting Sami saying he would have played. My guess for LuaLua.
That leaves Buckley and CMS. The formation calls for wing backs instead of wingers unless they can play centrally, hence Buckley not fitting in yesterday, and Fenelon deserved a chance. Personall I would have bought CMS on earlier when we were a man down but I'm no great fan of his anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You must be ****ing joking. His passing was one of the lowlights in a mediocre performance by a woefully under-strength team against p1ss-poor opposition.
In a team of lowlight passing, esp in their half, JFC was no better or worse than anybody else.

He picked out Bruno with a couple of sublime touches.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Naylor tweeted pre match he was injured, and then tweeted post match quoting Sami saying he would have played. My guess for LuaLua.
That leaves Buckley and CMS. The formation calls for wing backs instead of wingers unless they can play centrally, hence Buckley not fitting in yesterday, and Fenelon deserved a chance. Personall I would have bought CMS on earlier when we were a man down but I'm no great fan of his anyway.
CoG seems an ideal player for us away from home, scrapping for a point or holding onto all 3.
Yesterday's formation was crying out for a bit of space creating speed, which just wasn't there.

KLL had a good game without really doing anything, because the rest of the team just wasn't as expansive.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick

Agreed JFC passing was poor again he always seems to give the ball away too much even when not under any great pressure

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
CoG seems an ideal player for us away from home, scrapping for a point or holding onto all 3.
Yesterday's formation was crying out for a bit of space creating speed, which just wasn't there.

KLL had a good game without really doing anything, because the rest of the team just wasn't as expansive.

Which is where Solly would have come in. Ince to Kaz was a good partnership but as Kaz couldn't hurt them on the wing it became very stagnant. Still, early days. New manager, definitely new formation so we need to give him time.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In a team of lowlight passing, esp in their half, JFC was no better or worse than anybody else.

And failed to make a decent pass on about 20 occasions...

TBH I'm amazed he wasn't subbed sooner, especially with the threat of a 2nd yellow (which he should have got) hanging over him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
And failed to make a decent pass on about 20 occasions...

TBH I'm amazed he wasn't subbed sooner, especially with the threat of a 2nd yellow (which he should have got) hanging over him.

What do you mean by failed? Do you mean his pass was intercepted/ not completed?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would be staggered if CMS and Buckley were still with us at the end of the window, I just can't see us leaving that amount of wages sat on the bench for the season, I was very suprised both were not starting yesterday.

Quite. The anti JFC stuff is worrying - genuine nutty scapegoating. He may not quite be good enough to be a regular starter but he has something that needs nurturing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Agreed JFC passing was poor again he always seems to give the ball away too much even when not under any great pressure

JFC's passing from yesterday. (Red - failed pass, yellow - key pass)

Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 12.02.18.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here