Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS, why?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Is he off??? Is he carrying a knock??? Does Sammi just not fancy him???

Fair play to Hyypia for giving Fenelon his debut, the lad was top scorer in pre-season and maybe he felt he deserved it. But first game of the season in front of 26,000 at home. The lad looked out of his depth, like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Or was this Hyypia making a point to the board just how light we are up front? I would have thought breaking Fenelon in gently from the bench was the way forward.

I know CMS has his knockers on here, but no one can deny he is a menace and always gives 100%, the most proven goalscorer at the club and he sits on the bench for 80 mins.....Why???

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Fair play to Hyypia for giving Fenelon his debut, the lad was top scorer in pre-season and maybe he felt he deserved it. But first game of the season in front of 26,000 at home. The lad looked out of his depth, like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Or was this Hyypia making a point to the board just how light we are up front? I would have thought breaking Fenelon in gently from the bench was the way forward.

I know CMS has his knockers on here, but no one can deny he is a menace and always gives 100%, the most proven goalscorer at the club and he sits on the bench for 80 mins.....Why???

I guess you have to draw your own conclusions.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Tend to agree, dont want to single him out as no one would turn down the chance to perform at the highest level possible within the club. There is a reason he looked good at Lewes and no impact away at Crawley, he isnt ready yet. Im sure he will be a good prospect for the future and hope there isnt damage to his confidence, for being thrown in too soon.

Suppose though, you dont know until you try hey

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You wouldn't blame CMS if he was sat at home this morning composing his transfer request.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why?

CMS has looked dreadful this pre season while Fenelon has earned his right to start with better performances and goals. It's easy to pick on players performances after matches are over.

crabbie

Aug 9, 2014
A chance

Is it possible to stop running this team & manager down
It's the first game !ARE we supporters or whingers , its the guy's first job in this country
GODS!! SAKE!! Give him & team support.
We are not ready for the premiership and wont be for a while.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Always gives 100% - yes.

A menace - at Championship level, no. His goal scoring record at Championship level for Pboro and BHA is poor. Championship defenders are strong, well organised, have decent pace, and CMS's run a lot style just doesn't scare them.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It's the first game !ARE we supporters or whingers , its the guy's first job in this country

Lol - we are only discussing is cms s fit......

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

welcome 'crabbie' , very apt name.....and we have a right to moan by the way !!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
The bloke has been treated poorly by the club (managers and some fans) it's not his fault he's a square peg in a round hole. Not once has he been given a fair crack at playing as one of a front two. I much rather see his effort and work rate week in week out with the odd goal to show for it than some of the other dross we've put up there.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Always gives 100% - yes.

A menace - at Championship level, no. His goal scoring record at Championship level for Pboro and BHA is poor. Championship defenders are strong, well organised, have decent pace, and CMS's run a lot style just doesn't scare them.

Still the best goalscorer we have at the club, at this moment in time. Regardless of any personal opinion peole may have of the player himself. Personally I saw enough of O'Grady to suggest he would be a very good partner for CMS. But it means playing two up front, O'Grady is going to score enough goals up there on his own, never in a month of Sundays.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The bloke has been treated poorly by the club (managers and some fans) it's not his fault he's a square peg in a round hole. Not once has he been given a fair crack at playing as one of a front two. I much rather see his effort and work rate week in week out with the odd goal to show for it than some of the other dross we've put up there.

Who is this "other dross" you refer too?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Always gives 100% - yes.

Agree with this. I think CMS will get the odd cameo this season, especially if Ulloa's replacement is installed by the end of the transfer window.

crabbie

Aug 9, 2014
Thought you would like the name!
Yes you do have a right to moan,but some of the
Stuff on here is so negative, be thankful for what we have
It's too early to predict this season, its going to take time
But it's going to come good! !
Mid table for us & im happy with that!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Agree with this. I think CMS will get the odd cameo this season, especially if Ulloa's replacement is installed by the end of the transfer window.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Ulloa's replacement being any better than what we already have. You need to either pay big money or big wages to get the quality we need. Not sure that's something we are going to do or from what I hear, or afford to do....Someone will come in, of that I have no doubt, but it isn't going to be a Vaz Te, or a Becchio that's for certain.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Wets bed.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Ulloas replacement played yesterday.

Not sure that will prove to be the case

I wouldn't hold your breath on Ulloa's replacement being any better than what we already have. You need to either pay big money or big wages to get the quality we need. Not sure that's something we are going to do or from what I hear, or afford to do....Someone will come in, of that I have no doubt, but it isn't going to be a Vaz Te, or a Becchio that's for certain.

We hadn't heard of Ulloa until he arrived. If the right player is available Bloom will spend the money. Hopefully not on those two you mention either!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here