Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry to disappoint some of you on here

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
But when I woke up this morning my bed was quite dry despite the fact that I thought yesterday's effort was mediocre at best. Two very ordinary teams and not much entertainment. Stockdale and Hughes looked reasonable, O'Grady had little impact and Fenelon was totally out of his depth. Tactics, formation? No great sign of either. There, I've said it!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
But when I woke up this morning my bed was quite dry despite the fact that I thought yesterday's effort was mediocre at best. Two very ordinary teams and not much entertainment. Stockdale and Hughes looked reasonable, O'Grady had little impact and Fenelon was totally out of his depth. Tactics, formation? No great sign of either. There, I've said it!

That makes two of us then.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

And your totally correct. The next three weeks will define this season. TB has said that we will be happy with the squad come 1 sept. Let's wait and see, it certainly needs to have more quality IMO.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
No sign of a formation. So you didn't spot it was 10 v 11 for a large proportion of the game then!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Yes, maybe you had a better view.
Probably for the first time at a football match I had a specific reason for wanting to study the formation and system so that is what I focussed on for a large part of the match. In doing this I was less sucked into the overall vision of the match so possibly saw things differently to others on here

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Probably for the first time at a football match I had a specific reason for wanting to study the formation and system so that is what I focussed on for a large part of the match. In doing this I was less sucked into the overall vision of the match so possibly saw things differently to others on here[/QUOTE I must purchase some of those rose tinted specs your wearing!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I can accept the Albion losing games - god knows we're going to lose a few this year, but for me it was 'the manner of the defeat' that bothered me.

Against a very ordinary Wednesday side we had no guile, virtually no creativity, no width, and ultimately created next to nothing over 95mins. I accept that Stockdale was rarely troubled either but I'm more concerned at what we are doing at the sharp end - and we were as blunt as anything. Crofts didn't help us either with a rash challenge but I would still liked to have seen more passion especially from the start. What is it about the first 20-25mins at The Amex these days - they play like it's a warm up period?

Of the new players : Stockdale looks ok but fortunately was rarely tested, Hughes looked relatively dependable but I do worry about a lack of pace at the heart of our defence when we play better teams than Wednesday (come September they could get some serious tests), and O'Grady to be honest looked like a labouring lower league forward and no improvement on anything we have in the squad. Yes it's very early days and I'm sure he can improve, but £500k looks an awful lot of money to be spent on him for what I saw yesterday and vs Southampton.

I really hope the club don't waste the chance to accrue some points this month before the transfer window shuts as the fixtures come September look infinitely harder.

Overall I don't feel excited at all about the season ahead, and yesterday reflected that - 2 distinctly ordinary teams creating next to nothing and providing very little entertainment. On the plus side the Wi-Fi worked well but I can't comment on the food and drink as it's become a bit too expensive now IMO.

I hope for a mid table finish but I suspect that might be a bit optimistic.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Probably for the first time at a football match I had a specific reason for wanting to study the formation and system so that is what I focussed on for a large part of the match. In doing this I was less sucked into the overall vision of the match so possibly saw things differently to others on here

Appreciate you had a good view DS but I'm pretty sure I could see how we lined up and what formation we had.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I understand the formation Sami trying to play but as much as I like our players who are playing at Full Back position they are not quick enough to play this roll. What comes to mind is Square peg into a round hole. However it will take a little bit of time to sort this out and I think the team did work very hard when they went down to 10 and nearly nicked a goal but our p,ayers need to be a little more disciplined. Let's see how he plays on Tuesday.:drama:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Yes you said it and well said. That was a very ordinary Wednesday side and we struggled to create any real chances. On the way home on the train I was talking to a Wednesday fan and he reckons if we don't get some significant signings in we are in trouble. He said Wednesday are probably going to struggle themselves and we gave them nothing to worry about even with 11 players on the pitch. Mind you he went on to say the sending off was a bit harsh. I couldn't comment on that being down the other end of the ground but all the other points he raised I just had to agree with.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here