Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are a truly global brand now

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Today I was driving in a suburb of Kuala Lumpur on my way to play a football match. As I approached the park I noticed someone walking up the road in a yellow shirt. To my utter disbelief as I passed him I realised it was last season's away kit, so I slammed on the brakes and wound down the window. He looked a bit shocked so I said:
Me: Are you a Brighton and Hove Albion fan?
Him: What?
Me: Are YOU a Brighton and Hove Albion fan?
Him: Sorry?
Me: Where did you get that shirt?
Him: Oh, I work for American Express!

I then proceeded to tell him I support the club and am a season ticket holder etc and he laughed and shook my hand. In my haste I forgot to get a photograph but it was probably for the best as I was holding up traffic on both sides of the road :lol:

First time I've ever seen one in Malaysia in 16 years, let alone on a local. It has made my day. We are a truly global brand now :cheers: :albion2: :amex:

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
Today I was driving in a suburb of Kuala Lumpur on my way to play a football match. As I approached the park I noticed someone walking up the road in a yellow shirt. To my utter disbelief as I passed him I realised it was last season's away kit, so I slammed on the brakes and wound down the window. He looked a bit shocked so I said:
Me: Are you a Brighton and Hove Albion fan?
Him: What?
Me: Are YOU a Brighton and Hove Albion fan?
Him: Sorry?
Me: Where did you get that shirt?
Him: Oh, I work for American Express!

I then proceeded to tell him I support the club and am a season ticket holder etc and he laughed and shook my hand. In my haste I forgot to get a photograph but it was probably for the best as I was holding up traffic on both sides of the road :lol:

First time I've ever seen one in Malaysia in 16 years, let alone on a local. It has made my day. We are a truly global brand now :cheers: :albion2: :amex:

I know yesterday's performance was shite but that's the worst attempt at straw-grabbing I think I've ever seen.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I was in Kuala Lumpur just over a week ago, but I'm in Langkawi now. There's Albion everywhere you know!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here