Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electoral register and the open register

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I guess we've all received correspondence from the local council advising that there are now two registers and that we can if we wish have our names removed from the open register (which can be bought by any person, company or organisation).

My question, is there ANY reason why I would not want my name removed from the open register? Have asked the question on Google, but it only gives the facts and no advice.

Do the great and good of NSC have any thoughts?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do you like to take part in market surveys or to receive calls from companies selling you stuff, on the off chance they try to sell you something you actually want?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I guess we've all received correspondence from the local council advising that there are now two registers and that we can if we wish have our names removed from the open register (which can be bought by any person, company or organisation).

My question, is there ANY reason why I would not want my name removed from the open register? Have asked the question on Google, but it only gives the facts and no advice.

I was thinking of starting a similar thread after I got the letter - couldn't see any reason why you'd want to be on the open register.
Then I got a letter a few days later telling me I'd been removed from it as per my request - I'm not that f*cking organised! :shrug:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

It used to be called the edited register. Nothing has changed other than the name and those who haven't a clue.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here