Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Return of Coach Lasso...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Enjoyed the first two series but this third one is garbage. They've sweated the idea too many times now. I won't bother watching the rest of it.
There’s only been two episodes, bit early to say it’s garbage

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I liked the first season and disliked the second. Not sure I will bother with the third tbh.
Dislike is probably a bit strong for my views on the second season but it certainly wasn't a patch on the first season. Given the comments on this thread I'm certainly not going to go out of my way the watch the third.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Despite knowing exactly where the narrative arch is taking us, I'm invested enough in the characters to see it through.

I'm liking the symmetry of Richmond winning the EPL in the same season palace get relegated from it.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
First series was brilliant, second faded, third feels very forced. I hope they end it here.
Already confirmed as the final season (heh!) but I personally think the reviews here are harsh. Waiting to see how the rest plays out, but not hating it so far. Do agree the first two seasons are superior so far though.*

*Apart from Coach Beard’s Night Out which was borderline unwatchable.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Already confirmed as the final season (heh!) but I personally think the reviews here are harsh. Waiting to see how the rest plays out, but not hating it so far. Do agree the first two seasons are superior so far though.*

*Apart from Coach Beard’s Night Out which was borderline unwatchable.
I thought the first series was incredible. The second lost the plot a little. This series has caused more laughs like the first.

I don’t think I have ever agreed with the comment after * more in my life. It was like the writers had rolled back the years and it was peak 90s rave pills etc in evidence.

There was a similarly crap episode in “we are Wrexham” where they were news presenters. Surreal nonsense.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
I thought the first series was incredible. The second lost the plot a little. This series has caused more laughs like the first.

I don’t think I have ever agreed with the comment after * more in my life. It was like the writers had rolled back the years and it was peak 90s rave pills etc in evidence.

There was a similarly crap episode in “we are Wrexham” where they were news presenters. Surreal nonsense.
Nail on head. It was like a different show. A really crap one. I’m guessing Sudeikis needed a week off filming.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've watched the first 2 episodes twice and there were a few sharp Lasso one liners I missed on first watch.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Very much enjoyed the first series; in the middle of the second and not as good as far as Mrs D and I are concerned, but will persist. Do feel dirty watching it at times when they have scenes shot at the Stad du Clad.

Anyway, saw this on Twitter and presume it is nothing specifically to do with an episode but just to build believability in AFC Richmond?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Very much enjoyed the first series; in the middle of the second and not as good as far as Mrs D and I are concerned, but will persist. Do feel dirty watching it at times when they have scenes shot at the Stad du Clad.

Anyway, saw this on Twitter and presume it is nothing specifically to do with an episode but just to build believability in AFC Richmond?

My guess is that tonight we play them. The third series is getting better. Roy kent is such a brilliant character. In fact most of the casting is brilliant. The second series was not so good but me and my 14 year old are really enjoying the most recent series.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Went to the Mach (a place in mid Wales) comedy festival last week and Nate was not that great,and probably do better sticking to saying mmmmm arrrrrrh yes no in the series,series 3 has yet to grab my full attention as it seems to be a more serious look at relationships rather than light comedy entertainment,Beard is still excellent and Tartt continues his journey of enlightenment in the most cringe worthy way possible.

Still no recipe reveal for the cakes is keeping the suspense going but I'd be surprised if there's another series for Roy to learn another word other than fk.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Went to the Mach (a place in mid Wales) comedy festival last week and Nate was not that great,and probably do better sticking to saying mmmmm arrrrrrh yes no in the series,series 3 has yet to grab my full attention as it seems to be a more serious look at relationships rather than light comedy entertainment,Beard is still excellent and Tartt continues his journey of enlightenment in the most cringe worthy way possible.

Still no recipe reveal for the cakes is keeping the suspense going but I'd be surprised if there's another series for Roy to learn another word other than fk.
Whistle!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
First series was brilliant, second faded, third feels very forced. I hope they end it here.
Again highlighting the genius of Gervais with The Office and Extras, always leave them wanting more.

Often wondered, although the money clearly helped, how he felt with the US Office going on for so much longer?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here