Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Apparent Assault By Stewards On The Would-Be Pitch Invader At The Final Whistle

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Some mutual friends in the front row at the away end report that the admittedly-idiot 16 year old kid that tried to encroach on the pitch at the end was put on the ground by half a dozen stewards, at least one of whom proceeded to get his jollies by giving him a good kicking. You'll maybe say, good, he had it coming to him, but could have provoked a riot. Nearly the whole Wednesday team tried to intervene, such was the reportedly excessive force used. Nevermind, there will be plenty of mobile phone evidence available. Hope the kid gets the fine and banning order he deserves. Hope the club take a good look at the stewarding also.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Apparently assaulting him is fine according to some of our fans, yet if it was one of our own NSC would be in meltdown.

Its unacceptable, yes, he needed dealing with - but not like that. More stewards who clearly thought they were police officers.

BunA5mgCUAEJzQ6.jpg
Picture from Twitter

grumpyoldgit

Mar 29, 2012
It did seem heavy handed by the stewards, but the Wednesday players getting involved made the situation a lot worse because this then inflamed their fans even more and could have got out of hand.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I hope the kid gets punished, and I hope so does the steward. Don't want to see that happening at my club.

I don't know exactly what happened and if it was as bad as this, but like someone else has said this kind of thing can start a riot.

Observe:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It did seem heavy handed by the stewards, but the Wednesday players getting involved made the situation a lot worse because this then inflamed their fans even more and could have got out of hand.

Agree with all of this ...watched from East Upper....thank fully died down....although there were a few spats outside the East on the way to the station

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Kid was a ****, if he got away back to the seats no problem, but he got caught and taken down, his problem as he was acting the ****.

Wednesday players getting involved should have the book thrown at them, could have caused major issues.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Got what he deserved. I'd rather see zero tolerance and heavy handed stewards than perimeter fences.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Too many horrible, sweaty northern ruffians for my liking. I was in two minds to go over and give the bloody lot of them a ruddy good fisting.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dickheads like this going over the perimeter wall deserve all they get. A mass pitch invasion at the end of the season is a different matter altogether

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Situation was made worse by the intervention of the Wednesday players no question. It all kicked off then and took a good 15 minutes to calm down. Stewards were a bit heavy handed mind.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dickheads like this going over the perimeter wall deserve all they get. A mass pitch invasion at the end of the season is a different matter altogether

Really? You don't remember the crop-haired psycho steward at Withdean who used to parade the South Stand and who did his best to break some innocuous kids wrist after the last game of the season in the latter years? He was panting heavily. Some say he had a visible stiffy. Some say his description closely matches one of the stewards getting his rocks off today.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

According to some of our fans that loss signalled the end of our season - maybe he was a home fan in the away end?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here