Calde

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Worthy of a mention today I think.

Committed & positive, MOM for me.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
League one standard ..... He's not even good enough at rb. Nice guy but should be at best on the bench.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Chicksen is our no:1 (only) left back and should have played to provide the pace going forward.
When Calde got forward he always cut in on the right foot.
This was the perfect opportunity to see what Chicksen was made of.
If I was him and replaced by an ageing right back I would be looking elsewhere.
so much for giving Youth a chance.
Calde still a legend but not at left back and not MOM.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
League one standard ..... He's not even good enough at rb. Nice guy but should be at best on the bench.

Way better than Bruno in every department. Statistics back this up.

Bruno's tracking back is non existent.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Chicksen is our no:1 (only) left back and should have played to provide the pace going forward.
When Calde got forward he always cut in on the right foot.
This was the perfect opportunity to see what Chicksen was made of.
If I was him and replaced by an ageing right back I would be looking elsewhere.
so much for giving Youth a chance.
Calde still a legend but not at left back and not MOM.

Pretty much this. I love Calde with all my being, but to play a right back at left back was a silly thing to do - giving Chicksen a chance at LB and having Calde/Hughes replace him should he be overwhelmed would have been better for him - give him the experience as if/when we get Ward then his chances will be limited. If we get Ward and he gets injured then we need someone like Chicksen to deputise.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Please say you are joking? He looked way out of his depth and clearly was not his position.

He was pulling our strings, especially in the first half. I'd probably give him a 7 as a grade for today, and not many players out there got a 7 from me today.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Never has been a left back and idiotic playing him there today

Who would you have played? Chicksen who has been hopeless in the majority of friendlies? Maksimenko who failed last year, lacks pace and is clearly a CB?

You could have switched Bruno and played Caldron at RB I suppose, or perhaps the club should stop fannying about with Ward and go for someone else, as it's been a gap since the F/T whistle at Derby.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Who would you have played? Chicksen who has been hopeless in the majority of friendlies? Maksimenko who failed last year, lacks pace and is clearly a CB?

You could have switched Bruno and played Caldron at RB I suppose, or perhaps the club should stop fannying about with Ward and go for someone else, as it's been a gap since the F/T whistle at Derby.

Perhaps you need to direct this at BERK not me

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Calde spent most of the game as an attacking left midfielder as the back four converted to a three. This resulted in us having the Calde out wide left (the wrong side for him) and Lua Lua tucked inside and ineffective. Astounding tactics from Hyppia.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here