Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positives, we didn't pass back

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Dissapointed by the result, but I didn't see any pass backs to the keeper, that was a feature of Oscar that for me was a positive.
I also like the quick dispatch from the keeper. Just need a few more signings and I think everything will be OK.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We can only get better.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I take it as a massive positive that on numerous occasions we took three or four passes to reach the halfway line. Which is about a tenfold improvement on last season. OK we were a bit dogshit from there on in, but even Gordon Greer had two plausible scoring chances in the second half. OK, he f*cked them up horribly, but it's the principle of the thing :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Negative - we didn't pass to each other, either.
Esp in their half of the pitch.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yeah, it was much better not controlling the game in any way. At least we managed to give it away quicker. New positive Hyypia style of football = 3 shots on target.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
True, but I noticed KLL frequently holding the ball up, nice but I'd like to see him knock it forward and chase it instead.

I also noticed both KLL and Ince had a habit today of using the same kind of turn over and over again to try to shield the ball, by the end of the game the Wednesday players (and I) knew what they were going to do and nicked the ball away quite easily.

We didn't go backwards, but we didn't go forwards that much either.

& what was with all the passes that were too short in the first half, that was frustrating too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here