Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Sheff W

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Stockdale 5. Personally I felt he could have done better with the goal. Two kicks direct into touch. Otherwise looked OK, but not much to do.

Bruno 6. One of our better players on the day, but one wasted overhit pass when we were in a good attacking position in the 2nd half.

Greer 6. OK. Would prefer to see Dunk.

Hughes 7. Played a little better than Greer, but not MOM as the sponsors seemed to think.

Calderon 6. Got into two great positions in the 1st half, but wrong ball played to him. Better than Chicksen on the left, but we need a proper LB.

Ince 5. Not at his best. Looked hesitant when on the ball.

Crofts 5. Probably worth a 7 up to the sending off, but loses two points for a stupid tackle.

JFC 4. No difference from last season. The lad really really isn't up to the task.

Lua Lua 7. Ran into a few dead-ends when he could have passed the ball, but at least tried to make things happen. Stupid and unnecessary booking towards the end for arguing with the ref.

Fenelon 2. Boy trying to do a man's job. Did nothing of note apart from one good defensive tackle, but that's not what he was on the pitch for.

O'Grady 7. Good first half, but faded in the 2nd. Holds the ball up very well. Good signing. MOM.

Subs:
Agustein 4. I would really like this guy to do well, but he consistently fails to deliver.
Buckley 4. Did nothing apart from one run and cross. What the hell has happened to him?
CMS 4. Ran around a lot.

Depressing. Where was Solly March ... the one player who could have made a difference.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Agree with most. Would have been kinder to both Ince and JFC and given Ince a 6 and JFC a 5. JFC played in some nice passes over their defence but his first touch let him down on ocassion.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Stock dale 6 - absolutely no chance with the goal
Bruno 5
Greer 6
Hughes 6
Calderon 5
Lua lua 6
Jfc 4
Ince 4
Crofts 4 really poor challenge
Fennelon 4 didn't get involved much
O Grady 6 held it up well but needs to play in a two up front

Buckley 4 losing his pace has to be a concern
Cms 4 ran around
Agustien 4 looks unfit to me.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Stockdale - 6- couldnt have done much with the goal. Distribution was trying to find full backs but didn't come off
Bruno -5- seemed to swap with crofts regularly. And made silly fouls to let Sheff Wed run the clock down
Greer -6- made a few runs forward and unlucky not to get on the end of a cross
Hughes -5- bit slow and made silly mistakes
Calde -4- not a left back and couldn't offer much width
Ince -4- didnt impose himself and gave ball away
Crofts -5- good first half but stupid challenge for red card
JFC -5- did his job but didn't make anything happen
fenelon -3- anonymous game passed him by
LuaLua -6- a lot of promise but no end product. Chance right at the end he didn't even look like he believed
O'grady -6- good debut showed promise and close to scoring

Buckley -5- didn't have much impact too central
Kemy -4- slow and brings nothing to the team. Hope he can get fit as he has ability
CMS -4- didn't make much happen but wasn't much service either

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
stockdale 5
Bruno 6
Greer 6
Hughes 6
Calderon 6
Ince 6.5
JFC 6
crofts 3
Fenelon 4
COG 5
Lua Lua 6
Buckley 5
CMS 5
Augestien 4

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale 6 confident first half, looks good
Bruno 5 tried hard, needs to stop diving in
Greer 7 decent
Hughes 6 settling in, distribution poor
Calderon 7 lively & versatile
Ince 5 awkward
JFC 5
crofts 4 needs fitness, oh dear
Fenelon 4
O' Grady 6 lively, then tired
Lua Lua 7 only threat 2nd half
Buckley 2 looked tired after 5 mins
CMS 6 could've made a difference earlier maybe
Augestien 5

JoshFanner

Jul 22, 2013
Didn't realize JFC was playing until I noticed we had booked player just before half time. O'grady looked slow and out of breath in the first half.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
For me Stockdale, Greer and Hughes all 8. I think they are going to be solid together and reliable. Stockdale is definite upgrade from last season's Kuszcak. O'Grady 6, Ince 5 (looked like he was playing with complete strangers), everyone else 4 except JFC 3 Kemy and Crofts 2
We need midfield general and goal scorer.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very poor.

Stockdale - 6 not a lot to do, poor distribution (which Kuszczak used to get hammered for)
Bruno - 7
Calderon - 6
Greer - 8
Hughes - 6
Ince - 5 poor by his standards
JFC - 4 - not up to it, he is better when he is pushed up.
Crofts - 6
KLL - 7.5 - kept trying hard throughout
Fenelon - 5 - think the pace took him by surprise
O'Grady - 6 - nothing of note

CMS - 5
Augustein - 5
Buckley - 5

Sami - needs to 'play the game' in terms of the officials, get in their faces a bit. The 9 should have been booked but our bench was too passive.

Think its a shame we're so narrow when we have a big pitch and Buckley and KLL.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Sami - needs to 'play the game' in terms of the officials, get in their faces a bit. The 9 should have been booked but our bench was too passive.

If the opposing bench had tried to get our players sent off we'd be up in arms and talking about how unsportsmanlike it is to try and get someone sent off. There's no need to get in the refs or officials faces at all. Something football could definitely learn from rugby.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If the opposing bench had tried to get our players sent off we'd be up in arms and talking about how unsportsmanlike it is to try and get someone sent off. There's no need to get in the refs or officials faces at all. Something football could definitely learn from rugby.

They did, did you not see them on their feet, and their players surround the ref re Crofts and JFC when he was on a yellow?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Interesting to see Ince get such poor marks.
I was working today and listened on Talksport (mostly shaking my head)
Chris Powell and Moose were raving about Ince saying that sitting in front of the back four he looks real class.
Admittedly it was in the first 20 minutes, were they wrong or did he fade away.
The atmosphere also sounded fantastic.
During the second half the comnents were, better side, nice passing, no cutting edge and not able to put the final ball through.
Cannot believe that nothing seems to have changed in our style of play.
Oh and they also said that no goalkeeper in the world would have saved the goal.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
They did, did you not see them on their feet, and their players surround the ref re Crofts and JFC when he was on a yellow?

I didn't no, was watching what was happening on the pitch and didn't see their bench tbh. Still I don't agree with it even if the roles were reversed and it had been our favour.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I didn't no, was watching what was happening on the pitch and didn't see their bench tbh. Still I don't agree with it even if the roles were reversed and it had been our favour.

I don't like it, and you can argue two wrong etc.... But I'm afraid, the moral high ground no longer works in football, it is all about professionalism, whether its players feigning injuries or surrounding the ref. For me the bottom line is we need to use everything at our disposal to win. Interesting the lad that was most vehement to the officials was the ex-Chelsea player......

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Stockdale - 6 Some poor distribtion

Bruno - 5 lucky not to pick up two yellows
Calderon - 5.5
Greer - 6 Solid enough against a poor Wednesday attack
Hughes - 6 Solid enough against a poor Wednesday attack

Ince - 5 Inconsistent
JFC - 4 Poor and should have had two yellows
Crofts - 5 Looked
KLL - 6.5 Most likely to make something happen

Fenelon - 4 Loan at Torquay to Championship, to big a step for a average youngster
O'Grady - 6 Strong and plenty of effort but that's about it

CMS - 4
Augustein - 5
Buckley - 5

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Am I only the only one that saw JFC ping two inch perfect balls to Bruno so he was through on goal?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Stockdale - 6 - Not much to do, couldnt have stopped the goal
Hughes - 6
Greer - 7 - Liked how he got more involved with play today and was largely solid at the back, provided the assist for our best chance too, did more attacking than some of our attacking players !!
Bruno - 6.5
Calderon - 5
JFC - 4
Ince - 5
Crofts - 4 - We were better when he was sent off, that says it all.
Fenelon - 6 - More match practice needed, would rather he was loaned out.
Lua Lua - 5 - Poor and selfish, as per usual then.
COG - 6 - He badly needed help the entire game and to me he looked brighter with Buckley and CMS on the pitch, he isnt the Ulloa replacement though.

Subs
Buckley - 6
CMS - 6
Agustien - 5

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale 5 should have done better with the as he was badly out ov position
Bruno 5 dived I too much
Greer 5 usual Greer performance
Hughes 6 Experienced and confident but a lttle slow so got caught out by No9
Calderon 4 Never will be a left back.
Crofts 3 let his mates down with a very poor challenge
JFC 5 too anonymus lucky not to get 2 yellows.
Ince 6 MOM on first half but faded badly in the 2nd
Lua Lua 6 some good moments but wasted in centre needs to be wide to use pace.
Fenelon 4 Poor game passed him by needs to go out to Div 1 side on loan.
O'Grady 5 Held ball up and world be an asset if we were in bottom half of Championship not a promotion chasing club

Subs.
Buckley 5 we improved when he came on and should start next game
Agustein 4 got a chance and didnt take it.
CMS 5 Brought on too late should have been sent on when Crofts got red card and told to run at them

HYPPIA 4 Bad starting XI correct substitutions but at wrong time seems tactcally niave perhaps needs an experienced no 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here