Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burke 3 weeks to save his job??

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
The last 3 months have been nothing short of a shambles, now down to the last 3 weeks of the window to turn things around. Don't know how anyone can defend him!!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Struggle to defend on player recruitment this window but does his remit not include setting up the academy too

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Tony Bloom did in the program and set it out in basic terms.

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
They will not get people back in that stadium till we buy quality,Gus filled that place.it was feel good excitement with quality players that knew what they had too do and how too do it,we were probably spoiled in his time here but it was entertaining

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bloom is responsible, he holds the purse strings. Burke must be tearing his hair out trying to match what Bloom is willing to pay to agents and players who can get more elsewhere. We are not paying the going rate for top players gambling that's there will be some decent ones left at the end of the window who may agree to our lower wages/signing on fees. I just cannot get my head around why people blame Burke and Barber, it is Bloom who has given them their remit.

It is sad that with the infrastructure in place we are unable to field a team to compliment it to it's full. Yes I do know it's down to FFP and it's not my money.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
They will not get people back in that stadium till we buy quality,Gus filled that place.it was feel good excitement with quality players that knew what they had too do and how too do it,we were probably spoiled in his time here but it was entertaining

Did you go to any games under Gus?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Gus was given a decent budget that we have not come close to matching since he failed to get us to the Premier League. Of course he had a better team than we have now. Gus too would have struggled with the budget since he left, probably why he couldn't wait to get out of the door.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is sad that with the infrastructure in place we are unable to field a team to compliment it to it's full. Yes I do know it's down to FFP and it's not my money.

With all that we've got going for us - stadium, training ground, big crowds - if we can't get decent players in and comply with FFP, I can't see how any club in the Championship can.

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
Gus was given a decent budget that we have not come close to matching since he failed to get us to the Premier League. Of course he had a better team than we have now. Gus too would have struggled with the budget since he left, probably why he couldn't wait to get out of the door.

Even if there was that budget I don't think Oscar or Sami can attract the players we need,everything was Gus called me or we had a chat and I wanted too play for him,

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Bloom is responsible, he holds the purse strings. Burke must be tearing his hair out trying to match what Bloom is willing to pay to agents and players who can get more elsewhere. We are not paying the going rate for top players gambling that's there will be some decent ones left at the end of the window who may agree to our lower wages/signing on fees. I just cannot get my head around why people blame Burke and Barber, it is Bloom who has given them their remit.

Agree with that, and I'm certainly not going to look for someone to blame until the window shuts, and maybe not then. I have an inkling of the constraints the club is working under, that includes the whole team, TB, Burke, Barber everyone.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Very much this in my view, TB chooses the budgets DB can work with so the buck stops with TB.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Struggle to defend on player recruitment this window but does his remit not include setting up the academy too

Thought his job was to bring players in and no wonder we haven't when allegedly he's spent his entire time working on the academy. If he's spent so much time on the academy then who the **** has been working on bringing new players in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here