Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew Crofts

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I believe we had two red cards in the whole of last season, I didn't realise that until I read it earlier, is it true?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Doesn't look good for Toko who likes a tasty tackle which referees will view as a foul all day long.

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
Was surprised that many applauded him off the pitch. He had effectively ruined our chances of salvaging anything from the game.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I thought it was committed, but not malicious.

Yellow and some strong words would have done it for me.

But JFC should have gone shortly after for a 2nd yellow.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
We played better with ten men. That says it all for me. I can't see crofts getting near the starting eleven when everyone is fit. I barely noticed he was playing until he got his marching orders. I'm hoping it's a Blessing in disguise as it will force others to play and hopefully make the club move quicker in the transfer market.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We played better with ten men. That says it all for me. I can't see crofts getting near the starting eleven when everyone is fit. I barely noticed he was playing until he got his machine orders. I'm hoping it's a Blessing in disguise as it will force others to play and hopefully make the club move quicker in the transfer market.

Until their goal, we'd outplayed them in all departments.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
had a poor game before the sending off as well

I can't see crofts getting near the starting eleven when everyone is fit. I barely noticed he was playing until he got his machine orders.

Wow, just goes to show how we all view the game in different ways. I thought he was the only committed player in the first half, he was helping out Bruno and closing down their players from where i was sitting in WSU and look really up for it.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
From the east lower, it looked like no foul at all, from reading previous posts on this thread perhaps there was a lot more to it.

I don't know.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Didn't think it was a red, looked like a yellow though. Have seen the replays the ball was off the ground and was there to be one, it wasn't jump, he was in control but late.

The trouble is the ref was very poor, and if you do go in even slightly late into a 50-50 challenge, you make him make a decision.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I too thought we played well along with a lot of others around me.
Their goal was a unstoppable I would say, so can't blame Stockdale for that or anyone else really.
We were the better side definitely , but are lacking in two places, two strikers with good goal scoring records in this Div or higher and with some pace of which we really have only three players that have that CMS, Lua Lua and March and at least one more strong energetic midfielder who organises like Greer does at the back.
I thought it was far more entertaining football and far more conducive to how this division is played also after a few matches i think it will become very productive.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Until their goal, we'd outplayed them in all departments.

I thought we were controlling the game but we never looked like scoring, to me it had 0-0 written all over it until they scored a very good goal out of the blue.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Wow, just goes to show how we all view the game in different ways. I thought he was the only committed player in the first half, he was helping out Bruno and closing down their players from where i was sitting in WSU and look really up for it.

Yep, I appreciate I'm in the minority when it comes to crofts. I just think he lacks technical ability. Has a poor touch and his passing is not good enough. I know he works hard but I expect that from all our midfielders. Stephens, jfc, toko, Ince all better in my opinion and will improve. That's excluding anyone we may sign.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yep, I appreciate I'm in the minority when it comes to crofts. I just think he lacks technical ability. Has a poor touch and his passing is not good enough. I know he works hard but I expect that from all our midfielders. Stephens, jfc, toko, Ince all better in my opinion and will improve. That's excluding anyone we may sign.

He was having a great season last season up until he got injured and was on course for player of the season. I thought he picked up from where he left of last season today. A true pro willing to fight for the team. We could do with a few more of him i was say. Still time to get some quality and I'm hoping we are all Pleasantly surprised when the transfer windows SLAMS SHUT.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
at least one more strong energetic midfielder who organises like Greer does at the back.

For me this is what we have been missing for a long time now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here