Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REF

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Assuming you are a ref - could you explain the ref's decision in the first half to INSIST the Sheff Wed player moved the ball back ten yards or so and then allow it to be taken, the next second, from EXACTLY the same spot? This is the sort of thing that irritates me most about refs - everyone can make a mistake and some refs would have sent Crofts off, some wouldn't and some would have sent JFC off and some wouldn't but this was total incompetence. I wouldn't have minded if he'd just let them get on with the free kick to start with.

And if you're not a ref - thanks for starting a thread that lets me have a rant! And, no I'm not blind to our own failings today.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Certainly seemed inconsistent to me. Didn't see the Crofts incident clearly enough to comment on that.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
Assuming you are a ref - could you explain the ref's decision in the first half to INSIST the Sheff Wed player moved the ball back ten yards or so and then allow it to be taken, the next second, from EXACTLY the same spot? This is the sort of thing that irritates me most about refs - everyone can make a mistake and some refs would have sent Crofts off, some wouldn't and some would have sent JFC off and some wouldn't but this was total incompetence. I wouldn't have minded if he'd just let them get on with the free kick to start with.

And if you're not a ref - thanks for starting a thread that lets me have a rant! And, no I'm not blind to our own failings today.

YES - I am a ref

And NO I can not explain the incident you are talking about as I agree with you, it was a shocking piece off refereeing

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
2 options
1 refs are biased against BHA
2 BHA fans are biased for BHA
mmmm tricky

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Incredible how the ref ALWAYS gets blamed to a point when we lose.....nothing to do with a stale, uncreative, uninspiring, unbalanced performance....

Ho hum... Keep blaming the ref

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The ref was very poor today, made some bad calls, and then tried to even things up with some more bad calls.

To be fair though, if Crofty hadn't gone then JFC certainly would have picked up that 2nd yellow, no question.

Last edited:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Incredible how the ref ALWAYS gets blamed to a point when we lose.....nothing to do with a stale, uncreative, uninspiring, unbalanced performance....

Ho hum... Keep blaming the ref

Who on here has blamed the ref? We are discussing his performance. For what it's worth I thought we were pretty poor today.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
they are where I sit

discuss your point off view then.

big decisions

crofts = correct

caskey = should of received a second caution

so how is the ref bias

he is just an easy target to vent your frustration

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
discuss your point off view then.

big decisions

crofts = correct

caskey = should of received a second caution

so how is the ref bias

he is just an easy target to vent your frustration

I do not think refs are biased against us some fans seem to

Crofts to blame for a reckless challenge, ref had a decent game

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Booked Bruno near the end for innocuous foul, whereas the fat no9 didn't get one for persistent fouling, nor did their fouls which successfully stopped counter attacks.

As for the 4th official - why only 5 mins stoppage time? 6 subs, tons of time wasting, play stopped to lecture and dish out yellows and the red, played stopped many times for fake injuries and cramp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here