Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnny Cantor

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I think JC is a great commentator when it comes to describing the action, but find him far too opinionated on what the players 'should' have done when things don't come off. TBH find it quite irritating.

Anyone else think this?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think he is rather shit at describing what is happening on the pitch as i sometimes find i have no clue what is happening on the pitch. but yes, he is far too opinionated.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think JC is a great commentator when it comes to describing the action, but find him far too opinionated on what the players 'should' have done when things don't come off. TBH find it quite irritating.

Anyone else think this?

You are joking, aren't you?

His commentary, for the radio, is appalling. He simply does not describe what is happening and where and who is involved in any way that paints a picture for the listener.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
You are joking, aren't you?

His commentary, for the radio, is appalling. He simply does not describe what is happening and where and who is involved in any way that paints a picture for the listener.

Well, I did say that I find the opinonated stuff irritating. :shrug: I think he is good when he's just talking about what's happening on the pitch, but, and it seems to be a modern thing with media, lays on the opinions too thick.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no idea where the ball is most of the time, in fact I don't know which end of the pitch it is at most of the time. He's very enthusiastic though. However I love Warren Aspinall's observations

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Maybe we should start a campaign to get another commentator.

I don't think he's a bad commentator. Just wish he'd reign in what he thinks Player A should have done. Describe the action, let the 'analyst', however good or bad they are do that.

I like his enthusiasm and he can be eloquent too. Sometime listen to away teams commentary when ours is down and it's often pretty poor.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you listen to any other team's commentary on radio they'll actually describe what is going on throughout and the guest chips in with their analysis.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He's a terrible commentator, absolutely terrible the fact he earns money to do what he does is a blight on the BBC.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think he is rather shit at describing what is happening on the pitch as i sometimes find i have no clue what is happening on the pitch.

I have no idea where the ball is most of the time, in fact I don't know which end of the pitch it is at most of the time.

If you listen to any other team's commentary on radio they'll actually describe what is going on throughout and the guest chips in with their analysis.

He's a terrible commentator, absolutely terrible the fact he earns money to do what he does is a blight on the BBC.

These.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here