Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New version of Sussex by the Sea...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just listened to the singing on the extended highlights on Seagulls Player... there is a bit of clapping, but the 'singing' is woeful. :nono:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Although I did enjoy the new montage.

I wasn't convinced by that either.

The chronological idea is good, but I just rather liked it ending with "STOORRRREEEEEEEERRR" - seemed to just work in terms of a final boost to the pre kick-off atmosphere.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Had trouble in the East Upper. Constant sound problems means we cant hear much anyway but GOSBTS was a shambles. Of the six people around me, none of us were clapping and singing together. Bring back the original.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Was at a music festival listening to the scores on the radio what happened?

BTW I took my bhafc hat, scarf and flag. Got some stick of stripey nigels mentioning the playoffs (But only when they were from a distance the soft surrey wankers.)

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
An explanation of the reason for the key change is posted in NSC's Articles section, here.

It includes actual YouTube recordings demonstrating why the original version's key has always been unsingable for the vast majority of the Amex crowd - and why the new key is far more suited to ordinary fans' untrained, natural voices.

The evidence is all there. Please take a look, and give it a try.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
An explanation of the reason for the key change is posted in NSC's Articles section, here.

It includes actual YouTube recordings demonstrating why the original version's key has always been unsingable for the vast majority of the Amex crowd - and why the new key is far more suited to ordinary fans' untrained, natural voices.

That video always makes me larf.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

We seemed to be back to Bb this week... is that the end of the experiment?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
What we need is a massive electric guitar Steve Vai-esque version of it played at a ridiculous volume. :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Normal one much much better - pls note [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] :)

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
It needing moving lower. Perhaps not so low! Just a couple of semi tones was required...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It needing moving lower. Perhaps not so low! Just a couple of semi tones was required...

i thought it sounded just fine on Saturday... it ranges between low Bb (which is pretty low) for the last note 'SEA' and D above middle C (which is pretty high) for the top note at the end of the verse 'GOING' - if you move it either way you just make a difficult range even more so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here