Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New version of Sussex by the Sea...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There it is again. Too low in the verse, OK in the chorus, until the last line when it goes subterranean again.

Couldn't hear the crowd singing along at all on the radio - atmosphere seems pretty good otherwise (although I suspect it is mostly the SW fans making the noise??)

No, not impressed :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
any comments from anyone at the ground... perhaps it just sounded dull on the radio??

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
any comments from anyone at the ground... perhaps it just sounded dull on the radio??

Just got back, didn't like it, more difficult to sing to and get the pitch right (notes not surface!).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although I did enjoy the new montage.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I thought it was me, but this thread confirms that today's version was at a lower pitch. Very difficult to sing along to. I found myself yodelling at one point, moving from one pitch to another in order to sing along comfortably.
Bring back last season's GOSBTS version.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Until now I didn't know there was a new version but I did find it hard to sing along to. normally I'm not selfconciouse but this time it all sounded wrong.

Is this some new marketing updated & down with the kidz version?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I am CONFUSED.

Isn't a lower key for SBTS precisely what the OP has been banging on about on this board for the past three years...?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think you are confusing me with someone else who kept banging on about singing it in in E flat.

While I acknowledge the inherent difficulty for many in singing a song with such a wide vocal range... I have always been a B flat man myself (which I think is what we had last season!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here