Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anyone else exctied?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I am still in love with the Amex, the feeling of going there to start a new season is as good as the first season

I can't wait to be inside the walls of the Amex!

iu

iu

Amex_Award_02.jpg

Just to even look at these pictures of our home stadium brings me joy, admiring the beauty of it!

Though the pies might be too crispy, or even the ales being warm, who cares, its a football stadium not some fine dining experience

Though we will lose some games, we shall win some,

The referees will be there as ever making tough calls, some undoubtedly causing outrage in the Amex and perhaps causing total NSC meltdown, they could be causing some of most tense (and stressful) moments in your life - for example, a late penalty or some outrageous red card. No doubt all of this will happen inside the Amex, but that's what football is

And I know some people on here will be grumpy about the new season saying we won't do well, you might be right but just enjoy what we have, we have a category 1 academy which will produce great youngest for our future, which just builds on the excitement

Now I don't know how many of you will go into the Amex and think, 'wow I missed all of this' but I certainly will be doing, and if I the only one then so be it

Supporting Brighton is an addiction, for one I often find myself whistling to the tune of 'Sussex by the Sea' and 'We are Brighton'

I hope those in the North/South corner stand will create an atmosphere worthy of the first game, I know I will certainly try to create one

But the wait is almost over for the start of the new season, and I am losing sleep over it

"A lot of football success is in the mind.
You must believe you are the best
and then make sure that you are."

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If you want an honest answer? I actually feel quite low about tomorrow and the season ahead. It all comes down to lack of signings and our paper thin squad. I should be buzzing but it isn't happening.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Yep, I 've been up since 5. Everyone else is still asleep: don't know what to do with myself.

Have absolutely no idea what sort of performance we'll put in today but looking forward to it none the less.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Yes - just back from great holiday yesterday, so thumping the Owls today would be the perfect round off.

But even if we don't, I will still enjoy it, and it is the first competitive match for Sami and what new players we do have.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What does exctied mean?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cant wait. Of course I'm slightly disappointed about the signings, but this is it. For me, other than family and to pay the mortgage, this is why I work......

You can keep the World Cup, 20/20, Open Championship, Wimbledon and Commonwealth Games - it's all about The Albion. :albion2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well everything except a winger, left back and striker is in place. It's 7.15 am on game day and my Albion mojo is RISING #NotAEuphamism

My son has his new kit with his name on and number 25 after his favourite player. Our season ticket cards have arrived at last. RIGHT NOW someone is either giving my stand and little padded seat a clean or soon will be. His football practice is put back half an hour so people can get off on time to the pub/game just as it was for each home Saturday game last season. Most of all it's a new season, a new start and a chance to welcome Sami and those who have signed already. I have this feeling in my bones that Stockdale in particular is going to end up an Albion cult hero.

Plus it's Sheffield Wednesday :lol:

Last season's Amex openers were Newport and Derby. Only a handful at the first game and the second against a team I have no feelings for one way or another. But today we are playing a side who are beatable and yet who we struggle against. A side still deluded by their relative size and importance in football, a side who's message boards and social media are second only to Palace for unfunny jokes and blatant homophobia. Beating them will be very, very sweet. Losing will hurt. That's football in a nutshell isn't it?

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Wake up, here we go for another roller coaster ride of epic proportions. The butterflies are in the tummy, I am looking forward to a pint of Harvey's, a stunning Piglets pie AND we will win.

We will remember this, not the fact that another new set of students can't pour a pint or use the till, not that it will take a week or three for the team to gel or any other of the minor frustrations.

So shout, sing, whoop, fart or give a full outward display of your Tourette's but above all enjoy.

This is The Albion and when Saturday comes........we all stand or fall for Sussex by the Sea

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Nope, complete apathy here. A small bit of intrigue, maybe, but can't remember the last time I was less excited about the opening game of a season. I suspect many others feel likewise.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Excited, optimistic, nervous but more importantly 100% behind the team.

Just remember one game doesn't make or break the season.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
This will be my 49th season following the Albion. I am looking forward to it. Like the OP I love the Amex - probably more than I ever did the Goldstone; I enjoy watching the crowds moving towards the ground from the station, especially when two trains arrive at the same time. More than this, though, is sharing the experience with the 1000s who love the same club as me, and particularly the group of guys I have been watching with since the early 1970s. Win or lose, good or bad, it is the club I love.

Bring it on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here